Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uelander
The Keeper

re: Reputation Grind

You may have noticed that there are a few dailies in this x-pac. I dinged 90 and dove in - and have been faithfully grinding out 2-3 hours of quests a day to max my reputation gain in each of 4 factions.

I saw a video on Tankspot yesterday that pointed out how this is not at all necessary.

Taking advantage of rep gear requires that you have the requisite status with the faction and enough valor badges to buy it when you get that status. Because we are limited to 1000vp per week - you really don't benefit from rushing to revered with these factions all at the same time.

There are 2 available factions that provide gear, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus.

Klaxxi gear:

Neck 1250vp Honored
Legs 2250vp Revered
Waist 1750vp Revered

They also have BS patterns for slightly lower ilvl plate chest and hands at honored.

Golden Lotus gear:

Rings 1250vp at Honored
Shoulders 1750vp at Revered
Chest 2250vp at Revered

They have the LW and Tailoring patterns for the chests and hands at honored

It takes a few days to get to Honored - less on Klaxxi if you did the entire zone leveling.
About 2 weeks of dailies to get to Revered. BUT it takes a little more than 5 weeks to get the VP necessary to buy the gear from EACH factions quartermaster.

So, if you do the dailies from ONE faction each day (30 minutes maybe) - or at least the majority of days. You will open the items for purchase about the time you have the VP to take advantage of them.

This assumes that you will be having fun running dungeons, scenarios, LFR (starting this week), raiding, challenge modes etc - so you cap your vp each week.

Also, you want to do enough dailies so that you get 90 lesser charms so you can turn them in each week and get your 3 greater lucky charm things for when we start killing bosses. You can get 3 a week and have a max of 10 accumulated at any one time.

You will also want to do some stuff with the Tillers so you can feed yourself the highest stat food available - but that isnt that bad of a grind. Also, I think Chubbchubb has stacks of feasts that give slightly lower stats, but still good.

The other factions give cosmetic benefits and are up to you and what you find fun. I'm doing the dailies to get that cool serpent mount - but I'm afraid i may be seasick watching my toons ride him.

Also, some ppl will want to grind on to exalted for other cosmetic bonuses like mounts and stuff - but that isn't going to impact raid readiness.
Uelander
The Keeper

Didn't mention Shadow Pan who have backs at honored and trinks and helms at revered. The rep dailies for them are not available until you grind Golden Lotus to revered.

This isn't really pre raid gear. I believe it's as good as what drops in the raids and is better than necessary to be able to queue or defeat this initial tier of bad guys.
ChubbChubb.
Assassin

I have about 75 feasts so far (Wok, Grill, Oven) and can make all the feasts now.

Each different banquet gives 250 stats to everyone and higher stats depending on the feast. Tanks get 375 Stamina for all banquets except Grill which gives them 415 Stam.

Grill - 250 best stat but 275 Strength
Oven - 250 best stat but 275 Stamina
Pot - 250 best stat but 275 intellect
Steamer - 250 best stat but 275 Spirit
Wok - 250 best stat but 275 Agility

So if I put down a Wok Banquet, I get 275 Agility, Tanks get 375 Stamina and everyone else gets 250 of their best stat.

A banquet recipe makes 5 banquets and takes at least 10 fish, 50 veggies, 10 meats and 1 100 year soy sauce. (For the 10 man one)

So get out there and grow stuff and fish. We need the mats Happy

Chubb
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: