View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laanyan
Overseer

re: Addons

What's everyone using for addons these days? I just totally redid my entire UI and I have to say I'm loving the space it cleared up and where it cleared it up. I can SEE.

I'm sticking with Healbot and Decursive even though, supposedly, Grid does them better/just as well. I just can't get Grid configured the way I want.

I went with Dominos and Button Facade to get my buttons tiny and shoved down in a corner.

Pitbull for my raidframes, and then basically turned it all off since I can see all I need to raid-wise in Healbot. X-Perl has been giving me LUA errors up the wazoo lately.

Mikscrollingbattletext so I can see heals, hits, etc but it's not right in my face.

The coolest addition I found was "PowerAuras" and it's for letting me know when what's off CD. It's a big button (or whatever size you want) front and center, it goes away when I cast Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending and pops back up when it's off CD. It also does stuff like debuffs (like Weakened Soul), procs, etc. I believe there's a way you can put in trinkets too, still working on that.
Uelander
The Keeper

I just re-did mine a short time ago as well. I also use Pitbull. I have healbot/decursive for healers. titdyplates for my target frames- they have the aggro color thing going.

I use Icehud for tanking - not for heals though. I like the threat bar a lot - much faster to see where you are than omen.

I use Bartender and some toons have skinner turned on.

I use a viewport called SunArt i believe - that creates some screen room that doesnt compete with DBM or MSBT for real estate. Chat frames, meters, buttons etc all go off the screen. It actually increases the amount of the zone that is visible.

Ive heard of power auras and have been meaning to try it out for those things i hit on cd.

Ive used Miks Scrolling Battle Text for a long time. You can program audio cues for events if you respond to that better. I use it for when shouts fade or rend drops off - great because it doesnt compete for visual attention. Prolly could use that for some of the stuff PA's is good at.
Laanyan
Overseer

Oh yeah, I got Tidyplates as well.

I need to redo some things for Shadow though; I just couldn't effectively tell when dots were falling off and had all sorts of crap all over the place that wasn't there when I was just healing... Apparently I should have been customizing at a target dummy.

And another one that I left off was ForteXorcist for dot/CD timer. The problem is it's not something that's very important on "Healing Laan" and I set it up off to the side and smallish, but that's basically all I need on "Killing you Laan"...

update: Figured it out and got Forte working properly. It does sound too, just gotta mess with those and then I might be able to do it all by sound and not even need the display.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Priest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: