View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekard12379
Assassin

re: Bear 4.06

So there's been a TON of changes to how tanking mechanics work come lvl85. Essentially it's back to BC days of mitigation/avoidance is king.

Gems:
Sta stacking is not always the best option - in fact, for bears, it's the least likely option after hitting roughly 150k hps. Mixed gems with dodge(Regal Dream Emerald - green / Polished Ember Topaz - orange) and agi(Shifting Demonseye - purple) and straight agi (Delicate Inferno Ruby - red) are our friends with straight sta (Solid Ocean Sapphire- blue) as a secondary option only if we absolutely need more hps for survival. Meta Gem is Austere Shadowspirit Diamond

Spec/Glyphs:
The tank spec is pretty static with 1 pt leftover for choice. I've put mine in KoTJ for solo/bear-in-kitty form stuffs but Stampede is another good option. This is the Bear Spec.

How To and What to:
There is an excellent posting on the official wow druid forums by Reesi who definitely knows his/her stuff - to the point where Blizzard stickied her posting!. She is listed in almost entirely Raid HEROIC gear as of Jan 11th, 2011. This is the posting.

Gear:
Based on that information and my own research I've put together this lootranking list of gear: Tyluv's Lootrank BEAR Gear List

Enjoy! chugga choo choo

EDIT: Updated the Lootrank. Trinkets are still a bit of contention where mitigation vs sta stacking are boss dependent, but they're in close to the correct order.

Ekard12379
Assassin

re: Bear 4.06

Can I get a sticky?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Druid All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: