Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bujibonton
Assassin

re: Favorite thing in WOTLK

Now that Wrath is pretty much over, what was your favorite things about the expansion?

Mine were the questing, Ulduar, seeing Naxx, accessible raids, dual spec, and howling fjord.
Rildasomia
Protector

So basically your saying your favorite part of the expansion was the expansion?

For me, it was dungeon finder. I mean the zones and raids, the new spells and such were all good (or for the most part). But the the new LFG tool was just such a great invention.

Yup, I'd say dual-spec and dungeon finder were the bestest ever for gameplay ease and flexibility. I enjoyed the evolving areas (Hodir for instance), and the overall Northrend experience, but still feel like the raid instances and sort of even the five-mans were a letdown from the BC days.

Bring back a 85-tuned Kara! Oh yeah, and as long as I'm wishing, how bout a tri-spec, how hard could it be, heh.

Belgarion
bujibonton
Assassin

Rildasomia wrote:
So basically your saying your favorite part of the expansion was the expansion?.

hehe no not really... Toc, easy one button heroics, and grizzly hills' music were a let down.
Uelander
The Keeper

My favorite was when we killed the heart!
Grizzly Hills music - rofl.
Must Kill Moose and Squirrel!
LESH DO THISH!
Thats what she said... (never gets old)

I didn't have anything prior to compare it to -but I still clearly remember dinging 80 and thinking - what now? I remember the conversation in G-chat when Bel was looking for an OT for a Naxx run - Jeat whispered me "You'd better freaking (edit) go!" I did and may have actually held aggro on one trash mob for a second or two - but Bel, being the patient one he is (or desperate) invited me back and the rest is history.

I regret that Red was in such a flux for most of the expansion (or just busy breaking in a noob tank) so that we missed most of the Ulduar content. But later on we had some great nights. Getting past the Faction Champs in ToC, killing Saurfang after what? 30 attempts? then wiping on Stinky/Precious and laughing during the run back. Green Team's first healing of Dreamwalker - "uh did we just get the first win with an alt run?" Getting Heroic Blood Council in the second attempt (and looking like a pro team doing it /puff chest). Did I mention we killed Halion (another 30 attempt boss)? - all great times - but the LK kill was uber epic and exactly why we play. It will be a long time until I forget that run. The only thing that could be more epic is killing a fire breathing dragon that broke the world.

As for improvements to the game - I think the ability to extend a raid lockout was a key improvement and let us get to end-content with a limited schedule.

I'm really looking forward to the new content - there are 4 raid instances in the LFR tool - that would be a huge first helping.
Loranus
Loranus
Assassin

Favorite thing of Wrath.... Army of the Dead suprised. In all seriousness it was probably the quests and how it all related back to warcraft 3 lore than stuff just coming up out of nowhere.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: