View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: I know a good spell . . .

After Tyluv posted the link showing data from mega ICC25 raids all compiled into nice little numbers, it seemed that Fire can once again be viable once you have a decent gearset.

Accordingly, I ran Fizzban as Fire on a few bosses, and was pleasantly suprised. While just pounding on the heroic dummy doesn't show anything pleasant, 10-20% less, actual raid fights are very nice.

In a VoA25 with an arcane mage with almost my identical gear, he and I were neck and neck for the frost and fire bosses, pretty good considering the fire boss is a stationary nuke fight where I would expect the arcane to shine.

In ICC25 with Metafora (she had 500 more spellpower but I think only 3T10, gearscore fairly close), I trounced her hands down (almost 25% more damage) on trash and Marrowgar fights; didn't do any more bosses as somebody in the guild dragged all of my chars into a ToC10 raid, heh. I was doing almost 12k over the trash pulls compaired to the 8-9k an arcane blizzard usually gets me, and was 8.5k on Marrowgar compaired to the 7k I think I usually get on that fight due to the movement.

Even if the instance bonus is skewing the results (I don't know what it was when Fizz was running the earlier 25s with Ascend, which is where my numbers are coming from), it does seem that mages now do have an alternative playstyle they can use effectively, though by all accounts Frost is still sadly lacking for raidspec. My personal feeling is that Arcane will still be better for stand and nuke fights on single target, but Fire will be better for fights requiring movement or having to take out adds (which sounds like 80% of the ICC fights we are doing Happy ) Mana usage is nil, no need to innervate or managem, but threat is considerably higher than Arcane.

I'm just geeked that Fizzban can once again throw some fire around like he was intended to do, because . . . he knows a good spell!

Belgarion clap
Rildasomia
Protector

Hate to be the one to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but using Meta as your measuring stick is like fishing with dynamite for a 'catch n release' program, your guaranteed to get good results on the 'catch' part but does it really mean anything?

Lol, yeah, indeed, even had Ratunik in there. That's why I was compairing against my own usual numbers, though I have ran with the VoA mage before and his numbers are typical. Just tossed Meta into the mix because she was the only other mage in the ICC25. I don't think Cry Havoc's folks were gonna have a good night in there, heh. I came back to the guild ToC after either three or four Marrowgar tries, and at that point I was #2 damage right behind Goldylocks, which shouldn't be anywhere near the case on an ICC25 run, based on my runs with the big boys.

Belgarion
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Mage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: