View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Bye-Bye Bears

Rildasomia wrote:
B-Rez and Innervate are SPELLS so lets say they can cast them in bear form, why should just those SPELLS be the only ones? Why not a healing SPELL also? or damage SPELLS?

Lol, can't believe I'm entering this thread but, um, why not? Bel 'can' cast any spell while tanking (yeah, heals suxxors and not much point to it, only special cases like Ignius) but with the normal caveat of not being able to parry/dodge/block etc while casting, so he does it with full knowledge he's gonna take a beating while doing it. I don't really see a reason why bears should not be able to do the same thing, with the same limitations, in form, without the added drawback of going hunanoid and losing all form buffs.

My 2c on the last post, ignoring the rest of the thread.

Belgarion
MTuralon
Assassin

its because Rild thinks that's how it should be, so he's completely ignoring what people are saying. and btw, there is nothing confusing me about humanoids vs animals, you are again missing my point completely Rild. My complaint is you are comparing what real life animals can do vs fantasy characters that use magic. ITS MAGIC, its not supposed to be explained.

I've said in previous posts that the excuse of mana is obsolete. you could just have it cost rage or energy or whatever the "mana" bar is for that form. BAM! easy solution, as long as there is some "cost" being paid for the spell who cares what bar it comes from. This doesn't distract from the fact they can't use 2 regular spells in one form because its impossible to swap forms while performing tank duties as its almost an instant kill with a boss on you. vs the other forms which do not have this hindrance. (and this is because a healer druid can cast a HoT swap out, brez and swap back, dps and just swap out cast and swap back, all without the boss focusing on them while they are in a 'weaker' form and killing them)

and I've also said that I see NO reason why druids shouldn't be able to cast their other "spells" either while in whatever form they are in (with the exception of travel forms), and have it draw on whatever their "cast bar" is at the time, be it rage, energy or mana. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE as long as something is paying for the spell. as mentioned before while in non specific forms those spells would SUCK because they won't be getting the benefit of the associated tree. So wooo a druid bear can cast a heal over time for 100/tick while in bear form because that's their base or whatever... if following my other posts, and bels latest post about heals during tanking, that bear would be more susceptible to hits and crits because your avoidance stops while casting as well... This now becomes a choice of, do i brez, innervate, heal at the expense of a slightly stronger hit from the boss I'm tanking, or do I wait. vs. Do i change forms to cast those spells and die instantly from a boss hit, because I've not lost ALL of the tanking attributes of the bear that allow me to stand in front of this BIG dude trying to pummel me.

and to try and stop the comment I'm sure is coming. Losing avoidance temporarily to cast a spell is much much different than if you drop form.

Oh and also, allowing them to cast innervate or brez, or even a few heals now and again, would NOT make them the best at that role just because they can use their base spells.
Loranus
Loranus
Assassin

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=29166

Innervate does not cost mana anymore to cast making the point about casting it without mana obsolete my point was about lore for the spell innervate would be used in bear or cat was that Innervate doesnt come from the Druid but nature around him.

And oh god a Druid HOT that doesn't have any spell power behind it ticks for the base amount in the case of Rejuvenation at max rank
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48441
it would be 1690 over 10 secs :/ excuse me if that doesnt seem a lot when Loranus as a DK can get 9k from 2 death strikes in the time of a little more than one Global Cooldown and 13.5k over 2 global cooldowns if he has Death Runes and all his runes are off cooldown when fully raid buffed. Where I understand Battle Rez is the one spell that has a cast time of 2 secs and a large mana cost shouldnt really be cast in a tanking position because you lose that avoidance but in most cases if need be the second tank could pick up the boss most likely for 2 seconds to allow for such a cast.
Laanyan
Overseer

Add in a shammy totem and that puppy is up to like 1800 over 10 secs... OP!
MTuralon
Assassin

Nerf druids
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Druid All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: