Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Hit Cap for Locks

Rildasomia

This is the hit chart from the warlocks den. This is what we need to always hit and then work on other stats. Obviously in 3.1 there will only be 1 hit talent, but it still works the same. The Heroic presence if from a Draenei in the group and the Imp Fairy and Misery are Moonkin Druid and Shadow Priest respectively (they do not stack).

So for raiding purposes, since all three present teams have a shaman in them you have the 1% from them, you should all have the talents (unless you geared out of needing the points) and hopefully you have a Boomkin or Shadow Priest (do we have any but Laan?). Now remember that people die during boss fights, so having a few extra points is not a bad thing, or if you want to spend the talent points elsewhere and have the other classes in group, shoot for 342. Personally I may look into that for the new changes as I think all it does is Hit and no longer has other benefit (presently the destro talent reduces mana cost by 6% for destro spells).

Thanks to the guys at Warlocks Den for putting this together. cheers
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

I know melee is different for 2h weapons and dual wielding, but I think this holds true for all casters and hunters, just replace your hit talent for ours. It might be ok for melee but I am not sure so don't want to start any rumors or misconceptions.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Mareb

Nah, hunter hit cap untalented is not that high.

0/3 Focused Aim: 296
1/3 Focused Aim: 263
2/3 Focused Aim: 229
3/3 Focused Aim: 197

Edit: this is to reach 9%. I've read that we only have to reach 8% on some forums, so the number would be capped at 263.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Why do you need to only hit 9%? (or 8%) is there some hidden hit in your talents? Or does AP give hit somewhere? I don't profess to know much about melee so any summed up info is good!
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

I can't give you a good answer. All I know is that to not miss a level 83 mob, you'd need the 9% hit rating. 3% for each level, so 3% for 81, 6% for 82, and 9% for 83. Perhaps someone can come by and explicate how these numbers came up better than me.

As far as a percentile, 32.9 hit = 1%. That's kind of random but it seemed fitting to mention that too.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

That's interesting because they use 26.26 for caster hit rating. Which I have to believe as I have 277 hit and am at 10.56%, which with a little math:
277/10.56=26.23 points per percent
So fairly close especially when you take into account the rule of diminishing returns. I would guess that Expertise is part of the reason for the discrepancy? Or since a casters hits harder per 'spell' but not as often?
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Hunters don't mess with expertise. That's solely melee.

Expertise reduces chance the mob will dodge or parry your attacks. Hit decreases your likelihood of missing, so they're two different stats. I'm not sure they're related.

Spell hit and physical hit are different, so that's why you're getting different numbers I assume.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

And yet a hit trinket is a hit trinket... I really think the combining of all hit haste and crit just made things more confusing! It's not that I don't or can't understand it, it's that I liked how it was! Locks are so frigin up and down and this and that, MAKE UP YOUR MIND WHAT WE ARE!!! :thumbdown: I hate having to relearn my class every patch! Heck look at poor Atrias, don't see him much anymore, he is now a Boomkin, put the ole hunter on a shelf until they figure out what a hunter is really supposed to do! If I had time I would probably be playing Tetra, but I just don't have the time to get him to 80 right now.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Turalon

[quote author=Rild link=topic=628.msg3724#msg3724 date=1236110865]
That's interesting because they use 26.26 for caster hit rating. Which I have to believe as I have 277 hit and am at 10.56%, which with a little math:
277/10.56=26.23 points per percent
So fairly close especially when you take into account the rule of diminishing returns. I would guess that Expertise is part of the reason for the discrepancy? Or since a casters hits harder per 'spell' but not as often?
[/quote]

spell hit and melee hit, while combined in hit rating systems need different % to hit due to boss/mob mechanics. you need i believe 14% hit to be capped as a caster and 9% to be capped as melee (from last I read at least for Paladin spells vs melee)
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

No talents or other buffs I believe it is 17% for pure casters.
Rildasomia
Protector

hit chart
Just updating this since the old image didn't come over in the transfer

In other news cataclysm does not boost hit rating any longer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: