Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: 3.1 Builds

Rildasomia

Ok people, lets see some builds! I have seen the elitist and mmo-champ ones, what are people in this guild looking at.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

Conflag
Ok, this build is just painful! Since the patch I dropped about 400 DPS with this. The use of this build is such:
Pet = Imp
Glyphs = Immolate, Conflag, Incinerate (until you can get Life Tap Glyph)
Rotation = Immolate - CoA - Conflag - Corrupt - Incinerate (spam)
Execute = Once below 35% you start weaving in a Soul Fire, after each Immolate (make sure it lands first and you get your proc), with Decimate it gets a 60% haste and costs no shard.

Just ran this through Naxx last night and it was painful. I previously had been running deep destruction a lot so the rotation was familiar (no getting my fingers crossed). But it was just a lot of junk work for a loss of DPS over a FeL Guard / destro combo. Also; moving the +Hit to Affliction only is WoW's way of saying "Use our Specs! No Hybrids!" Having to add 100 hit back to your stats and wasting 3 points on PvP talents was a cheap BS move on their part, IMNSHO. Now Chaos said he ran with a lock that crushed him in this spec, but gear wise the guys was walking around at 2800 SP unbuffed.... So even a face plant spec would crush most of the server.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Brissanna

Both Chaos and Arv ran naxx lastnight...Id be curious to see the WWS from them and see how they did....I have yet to Run Brissa in naxx to see how well her spec works.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Chaoswarp

through naxx last night i was in my demo destro spec and i usually fell just short of arv who wears t 7.5 with a 4set bonus http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=9&tal=000000000000000000000000000020300330113521250013522100055003005220301000000000000/ i believe i was maybe only 100 or so points off of arv for most of the night until i moved specs for stuns on gluth
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Arvestes

Ya I'm still trying to figure out where I'm gonna take my lock. From my trials with the target dummy (heroic) I seem to be able to do about 500 more dps as affliction than my dest build. Albeit my dest build isn't any of the conventional ones, I just put together something similar to what I used to run pre-BC and a little into BC. Also I'm more comfortable with the affliction rotation, as I've been running it and getting used to Haunt from the time since I started being more active.

Last night I can't compare overall dps as effectively as the night before, since I was afk here and there. But right now I switch to my dest build for the trash and affliction for bosses. I'm thinking of trying out the felguard/dest build and see how that goes, maybe next week.

Current builds:

Main spec: Affliction
http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=9&tal=235002202121351005150003115100000000000000000000000000055003005020000000000000000

Off Spec/Trash Spec:
http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=9&tal=235002200101300000000000000000000000000000000000000000005203015220331151205011351

Reading Rild's bit on his dest casts and both his and Chaos' glyphs, I might make some changes there and see how my dest build works with those mods. Hehe, need to get used to dest again. My dest build helps me with pvp/arena too ^_^ with more chances to get insta sbs/incin. I'm sitting on 393ish hit rating or 360 if I change my bracers.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Ewww, I hadn't though about doing a 'Boss Spec' and a 'Trash Spec' for raids??? Since we are solely DPS and I don't PvP I didn't see much use in the Dual Spec option... Now I do.... Since I don't need as much hit for trash I could go back to higher damage/haste/crit for trash and then use the Affiliction hit bonus for bosses... Something to work on tomorrow...
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Laanyan

Yer just spoiled. In heroics, I would refuse to heal Warlocks when there was a Mage in the group. Several died, and there was much rejoicing.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

You mean, several Mages died, and there was much rejoicing???
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Brissanna

Rild...your currently 41/30 correct? What is your spell rotation for that spec?

I just cant seem to figure it out..Ive run 3 specs this week. Full Meta/Ruin, 40/31conflag and 41/30. and they all come with the same dps off the H dummy. So...IDK what im doing wrong.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

For the 0/41/30 the rotation is cake easy.
Bosses:
Life Tap (Rank 1)-CoA-Immolate-Corruption-Incinerate
Popping Demon Empower and trinkets as soon as they are up. I also try to Tap before redoing the DoTs.

Trash:
Life Tap (Rank 1)-Rain of Fire
Pop the demon empower before he rushes in and so Cleaves as boosted AP.

The Life Tap glyph is KEY now!
First off, it converts some spirit to Spell power (30%Huh?), so all that trash spirit we have been getting, gets more use than just Fel Armor.
Second it works regardless of which rank of Life Tap we use, so use rank 1 and take a whopping 500 damage.
Finally if you have T7 four set bonus, you boost your spirit by 300 each Tap.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Chaoswarp

i use 41/30 as well and on bosses you can start to weave soulfire in between incinerates with the decimate bonus. now all we need is one more warlock to use dark pact...
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Affliction
Trying out this Affliction build, I will be using the Succubus for a pet.
(22-Apr-09) Tried this last night and really hated it, but might give it a go on the raid tonight.
(23-Apr-09) Tested this out in Ulduar last night, really really hate it now. My DPS dropped almost 1000 points over the pre-patch 0/41/30. I know some can do it and like it a lot, but I am not one of them. Also the second (required) boss, a stunning destro build would be very handy! :thumbdown:
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

AE Destro
Going to give this one a try Sunday. Now it is mainly a build for the Deconstructor, burst-damage for heart and heavy AE for healbots, so not sure how the overall DPS is going to stack up. The plan and design is such:
Demon = Imp
Boss = Life Tap - CoA - Immolate - Corruption - Incinerate (spam)
Trash = Shadowfury (for stun) - RoF
Glyphs = Life Tap - Immolate - CoA (for boss-rot, not 100% on this part though)

With 10% chance for Molten Core for 12 seconds, CoA and Corruption have 10 chances to proc... 10 chances with 10% chance should mean 100% uptime (or close too). No hit talents so regemming to close to 368. Still need to test Spell vs Fire stones, though leaning towards crit since I am not casting any long spells (longest is 2.04 sec present gear, brought to 1.92 w/ spellstone) so crit cranking for more horse power from RoF.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: