View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Pre-Naxx Resto Shammy Stuff

Angellesa

I saw Draivin's thread in the Druid forum, and thought it might be a good idea to make one here for the Resto Shaman. It's not an all inclusive list, just what I've come across as some of the better things for a Resto Shaman to have going into Naxx. I'm going to break it up into separate posts to try and make it easier for people to find what they are looking for since I also researched some of the "better" gems (I use that term loosely because what gem is best depends on stats on your other gear, what your weaknesses are, what healing build you are using, etc) and I'll also include flasks/elixirs/food, etc in case someone does not know what all is out there available to them.

[size=9pt]Disclaimer: This is meant to be used as a guide ... to give those who are not sure where to start a place to get some ideas and compare some options. I am in no way saying you HAVE to use the equipment, gems, enchants, etc that I have listed. These are just things I use myself and/or have come across in my countless hours or research. My list is also not all-inclusive. You will come across things that, for whatever reason, are not on my list. If it works for you, then use it. Remember, everyone is different. My play style is my own, and won't work for everyone. With time, you will figure out what works for you.[/size]

Some of the posts are a little long, so I've included a handy dandy table of contents so if you are looking for some suggestions on something specific, you can go directly to what you are looking for. Probably still easier to just scroll down, but meh. It's the thought that counts.

Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Angellesa

[br][br][size=9pt]An important note when looking at gear is to not just look at one piece, but to look at your gear as a whole. For example: Can you sacrifice a little bit of spell power on that trinket that has an additional 10 mp5 in exchange for taking a chest piece that has less mp5 but more spell power then the one you have? Also, I value mp5 over spirit, and will rarely take crit over something such as mp5 or more Int, but I have included a few pieces that do have spirit and crit on them (The only exception to this is a crit healing build. I will make a separate post on that specific build, including equipment once I get the general stuff done). Another thing to keep in mind is there are times you might be better off wearing a cloth or leather piece until you find an equivalent mail piece. Again, this all depends on your overall stats, what your weaknesses are, etc.[/size][br][br]
Head:

[br]
Neck:

[br]
Shoulder:

[br]
Cloak:

[br]
Chest:

[br]
Wrist:

[br]
Hands

[br]
Waist

[br]
Legs:

[br]
Boots:

[br]
Rings:

[br]
Trinket:

[size=8pt]For some reason, Wowhead does not have the Int version of the [Darkmoon Card Greatness] in it's database. You're able to choose between 4 versions of the trinket that have either 90 str (the one I linked), 90 agi, 90 int, or 90 spr. Take the INT version.[/size]
[br]
Weapon:

[br]
Shield:

[br]
Totem:
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

[size=9pt]Again, not an all-inclusive list. I did not include anything with spirit, and there are some more meta crit gems floating around out there I did not include either. As with equipment, an important note when choosing a gem is to not just look at one gem, but all the gems, socket bonuses and stats on your gear as a whole. When you match the socket colors, you activate the socket bonus, but sometimes it is better to use a different color in that socket and ignore the socket bonus. For example, the socket bonus might be +6 spirit ... almost useless for a resto shaman. There is no set "best" gem for any one particular color. It just depends on your gear as a whole, and what you need the most.[/size]

[size=14pt]Blue:[/size]

[br]
[size=14pt]Red:[/size]

[br]
[size=14pt]Yellow:[/size]

[br]
[size=14pt]Green:[/size]

[br]
[size=14pt]Purple:[/size]

[br]
[size=14pt]Orange:[/size]

[br]
[size=14pt]Prismatic:[/size]

[br]
[size=14pt]Meta:[/size]
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

[size=9pt]I did not include the links for most of the items as they are white items and almost impossible to see against the background currently being used for the forum. Instead, I've included the description for each item.[/size]

[size=12pt]Food:[/size]

[li]Spicy Fried Herring - Restores 15000 health and 12960 mana over 30 sec. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 16 Mana per 5 seconds and 40 Stamina for 1.00 hour.
      [li]1 Fangtooth Herring[/li]
      [li]1 Northern Spices[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Mighty Rhino Dog - Restores 15000 health over 30 sec. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 16 Mana per 5 seconds and 40 Stamina for 1.00 hour.
      [li]2 Rhino Meat[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Tender Shoveltusk Steak - Restores 15000 health over 30 sec. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 46 Spell Power and 40 Stamina for 1.00 hour.
      [li]2 Shoveltusk Flank[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Firecracker Salmon - Restores 15000 health and 12960 mana over 30 sec. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 46 Spell Power and 40 Stamina for 1.00 hour.
      [li]1 Glacial Salmon[/li]
    [/li]

[size=12pt]Flasks:[/size]

[li]Flask of Pure Mojo - Increases mana regeneration by 38 mana per 5 seconds for 2.00 hrs. Counts as both a Battle and Guardian elixir. This effect persists through death.
      [li]7 Icethorn[/li]
      [li]3 Pygmy Oil[/li]
      [li]1 [Frost Lotus[/li]
      [li]1 Enchanted Vial[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Flask of the Frost Wyrm - Increases spell power by 125 for 2.00 hrs. Counts as both a Battle and Guardian elixir. This effect persists through death.
      [li]5 Icethorn[/li]
      [li]5 Lichbloom[/li]
      [li]1 Frost Lotus[/li]
      [li]1 Enchanted Vial[/li]
    [/li]

[size=12pt]Elixirs:[/size]

[li]Spellpower Elixir - Increases spell power by 58 for 1.00 hour. Battle Elixir.
      [li]1 Goldclover[/li]
      [li]1 Tiger Lily[/li]
      [li]1 Imbued Vial[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Guru's Elixir - Increases all Stats by 20 for 1.00 hour. Battle Elixir.
      [li]3 Pygmy Oil[/li]
      [li]1 Imbued Vial[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Elixir of Mighty Mageblood - Regenerate 24 mana per 5 sec for 1.00 hour. Guardian Elixir.
      [li]1 Goldclover[/li]
      [li]2 Lichbloom[/li]
      [li]1 Imbued Vial[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Elixir of Mighty Thoughts - Increases your Intellect by 45 for 1.00 hour. Guardian Elixir.
      [li]2 Deadnettle[/li]
      [li]1 Talandra's Rose[/li]
      [li]1 Imbued Vial[/li]
    [/li]

[size=12pt]Potions and Such:[/size]

[size=9pt]Note: This section should be a no brainer, but I am including it so no one can complain they were never told to carry this stuff.[/size]

[li]Runic Healing Potion - Restores 2700 to 4500 health. (1 Min Cooldown). The name says it all. I only ever carry one stack of five(5) on me as I usually burn my potion cd on a mana potion when needed, but there are times I've had to use one.[/li]
    [li]Runic Mana Potion - Restores 4200 to 4400 mana. (1 Min Cooldown). Quick fix when you run short on mana. Can only use 1 per fight now tho, so it is essential you manage your mana efficiently.[/li]
    [li]Heavy Frostweave Bandage - Heals 5800 damage over 8 sec. I never leave home without them. No need to carry more then 1 stack of 20, however I can't tell you how many times they have come in handy in a pinch when I am silence and can't toss a heal.[/li]
    [li]Honeymint Tea - Restores 12960 mana over 30 sec. Must remain seated while drinking. Just one example of the waters available to buy from various NPC's. You should never ever ever ever depend on there being a mage to make biscuits. No need to carry more then a stack or so because there usually is a mage, but you need to be self-sufficient as well.[/li]
    [li]Sweet Potato Bread - Restores 15000 health over 30 sec. Must remain seated while eating. Again, just one example of the many foods available from various NPC's. And just like the water, you should never ever ever ever depend on there being a mage to make biscuits. No need to carry more then a stack or so because there usually is a mage, but you need to be self-sufficient as well.[/li]
    [li]Ankh - Reagent. Needed for [spell=20608]Reincarnation[/spell]. It's a raid, chances are high you will die. You should have at least 3 or 4 of these on you. I always carry a stack of 10.[/li]
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Head:

Shoulder:

Cloak:

[li][spell=47899]Enchant Cloak - Wisdom[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=47898]Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=60609]Enchant Cloak - Speed[/spell][/li]

Chest:

[li][spell=60692]Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=44623]Enchant Chest - Super Stats[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=44509]Enchant Chest - Greater Mana Restoration[/spell][/li]

Bracer:

[li][Formula: Enchant Bracer - Major Stamina] - Will be available in patch 3.0.8[/li]
    [li][spell=60767]Enchant Bracers - Superior Spellpower[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=44635]Enchant Bracers - Greater Spellpower[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=44616]Enchant Bracers - Greater Stats[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=44555]Enchant Bracers - Exceptional Intellect[/spell][/li]

Gloves:

[li][spell=44592]Enchant Gloves - Exceptional Spellpower[/spell][/li]

Belt: (made by blacksmiths, but usable by any class/profession)

Legs: (made by tailors, but usable by any class/profession)

Boots:

[li][spell=44528]Enchant Boots - Greater Fortitude[/spell][/li]

Weapon:

[li][spell=60714]Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=44629]Enchant Weapon - Exceptional Spellpower[/spell][/li]

Shield:

[li][spell=60653]Enchant Shield - Greater Intellect[/spell][/li]
    [li][spell=44597]Enchant Shield - Mighty Stamina[/spell][/li]
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

[size=9pt]Note: Some of these I find absolutely useless. But every shaman has their own personal preferences. Also, since the glyph names are white and do not show up against this background, I did not include links. Instead, I included their description.[/size]

Major Glyphs:

[li]Glyph of Chain Heal - Your Chain Heal heals 1 additional target. Your Chain Heal will heal 4 targets instead of 3.[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Earthliving Weapon - Increases the chance for your Earthliving weapon to trigger by 5%. Useful in conjunction with Glyph of Chain Heal (Earthliving Weapon can proc off any or all bounces of a Chain Heal. So adding one more bounce per cast is another chance for Earthliving Weapon to apply a hot on other players for no extra mana cost what-so-ever.)[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Healing Stream Totem - Your Healing Stream Totem heals for an additional 20%. I find this one pretty useless compared to other major glyphs, but that is just my opinion.[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Healing Wave - Your Healing Wave also heals you for 20% of the healing effect when you heal someone else. It has it's ups and downs. More of a PvP glyph. Personally I prefer other glyphs over this one.[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave - Your Lesser Healing Wave heals for 20% more if the target is also affected by your Earth Shield. Some say with this glyph, Improved Water Shield, Earthliving Weapon, Ancestral Awakening, some crit% and haste, a Resto Shaman can easily compete with paladins' single target healing capabilities. Useful if you know you will be doing a lot of MT healing.[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Mana Tide Totem - Your Mana Tide Totem grants an additional 1% of each target's maximum mana each time it pulses. Not necessarily a bad glyph. Very situational though. I personally don't use this one unless I am a crit healing spec, and even then I don't always use it.[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Water Mastery - Increases the passive mana regeneration of your Water Shield spell by 30%. No matter what other 2 glyphs I might be using at any given time, I also use this one. It bumps the mana regen I get from Water Shield to 130mp5.[/li]

Minor Glyphs:
[size=9pt]Note: I've only been able to find a total of 6 minor glyphs for shaman. No idea if more exist or not. Nothing great, but some that are just handy to have.[/size]

[li]Glyph of Astral Recall - Cooldown of your Astral Recall spell reduced by 2.5 min. To quote one of the comments on wowhead for this glyph "Downrank me all you want, but next time someone asks me for a definition of the word "Useless", I'll use this Glyph as an illustrating example."[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Ghost Wolf - Your Ghost Wolf form regenerates an additional 1% of your maximum health every 5 sec. Useful if you PvP a lot (for running flags in EotS & WSG).[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Renewed Life - All stats increased by 5% for 1 min when you Reincarnate. Like the other minor glyphs for shaman, I find this pretty useless. Patch 3.0.8 is changing this glyph from "All stats increased by 5% for 1 min when you Reincarnate" to "Your Reincarnation spell no longer requires a reagent."[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Water Breathing - Your Water Breathing spell no longer requires a reagent. Came in really handy while questing to 80. Also saved me from having to farm reagents.[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Water Shield - Increases the number of charges on your Water Shield spell by 1. "In order to not lose mana from the passive mana regeneration on Water Shield, you need to always refresh it before it the last charge is used up, meaning that you effectively have one less charge that you can allow to get used up before rebuffing. Without this glyph, you can let two charges get used up before needing to rebuff. With the glyph, you can let three charges get used up. So effectively this isn't a 33% buff to the number of charges, it's a 50% buff."[/li]
    [li]Glyph of Water Walking - Your Water Walking spell no longer requires a reagent. I find this a handy one to have, even at level 80. Not only can you sit on the water to eat/drink while farming, now that you can be mounted while water walking this was almost invaluable while questing, even more so in a group.[/li]
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

Amazing! clap
Thank Angel!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Shaman All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: