View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: PvE Gear vs PvP Gear and raiding dps/healer

Raashna

OK I see folks getting PvP gear on a regular basis. Some are because they prefer PvP and others because they can't raid enough to get the drops/badges required for the PvE gear. Here are some things I have noticed moreso from grouping with others and doing some research and comparisons.

PvP Gear:

This gear is High in Stam, Armour, Penetration and Resilience, yet lower is other stats like Str, Agi, and Int. Spell Dam, AP, Spell Haste, Melee Haste, Spell Hit, and Melee Hit are all reasonably comparable.

PvE Gear:

Lower Stam, Higher in Stats like Str, Agi and Int, No Resilience, or Penetration (unless you gem for it).

Now I don't PvP enough (or at all for that matter) to know anything about that side, but I do Raid. Here are some facts:

Resilience and Penetrations mean squat in a raid.

Stam on a DPS/Healer class while necessary to live through AoEs is not as important (Like for Tanks) and PvE gear Provides enough.

Melee DPS get more AP and Hit Rating from Str and Agi so the higher those are the better. I mentioned earlier that Hit/ Damage etc are comparable, however the PvE gear with higher Str and Agi means the Melee DPSer gets more bonus from those in PvE gear. This increase is offset on a PvP Battlefield Penetration, but that penetration is useless in a raid as it is not calculated into PvE Hit/Damage.

Caster DPS/Healer require a Mana Pool and Mana Regen. The Higher Int and Spi on the PvE gear provides this. The nature of the PvP fight is you will probably not be trying to put out continuous damage or heals at the fastest rate possible for an extended period of time, whereas in a PvE Boss fight you will have to do just this.

Basically while ok as a Stop Gap, I would not recomend PvP gear as a solid substitute for PvE gear on raids.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Mareb

PvP = burst damage, hence the high stamina and resilience, as well as crit rating - something you didn't mention. Not that big of a deal, but another difference between pvp and pve gear.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Raashna

Aye Mareb, I forgot to mention the Crit rating, but the High Stam etc with lower other stats it is just that, masive burst damage, but not as good as PvE gear for a sustained Boss fight is my basic point.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Shaman All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: