View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Raiding Specs and Info

Laanyan

There are a few free floating points in both specs that you can apply as playstyle dictates.

Holy:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest=050320003000000000000000000003505103030015253005331051000000000000000000000000000&glyph=000000000000

Holy Reach and Healing Prayers are nice, but not really neccessary. I learned a few things today and I'm respecing to exclude those two talents.

Notice the amount of talents relying on Crit and how substantially they could boost your effectiveness. Crit is now a much more sought after stat.

Stats (in order of importance): Spell Power, Intellect, Crit, Haste, Spirit, MP5

Glyphs:
Glyph of Flash Heal
Glyph of Circle of Healing
Glyph of Renew

Shadow:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest=050320003000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000320023051223010325152301351&glyph=000000000000

I just found out that the bonus damage applied to Shadow Word: Pain (which should never ever ever ever need to be reapplied on a boss) is from what you have when the spell is originally cast. So, you want a full 5 stack of Shadow Weaving and pop any trinkets you can BEFORE casting Shadow Word: Pain.

Crit technically boosts DPS more than Haste, but it's close enough to equal.

Stats (in order of importance): Hit, Spell Power, Crit/Haste, Intellect, Spirit

Glyphs:
Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain
Glyph of Shadow
Optional: Glyph of Mind Flay

There isn't a specific spell rotation. It's more of a cast in order of importance deal.
Mind Blast
Shadow Word: Death (when applicable)
Vampiric Touch
Shadow Word: Pain (should almost never need to be refreshed)
Devouring Plague
Mind Flay
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Laanyan

Testing complete. I've been able to bump Laanyan's crit up substantially now and I love it.

Having higher crit as Holy (no, that's not a typo) drastically increases efficiency. In Holy gear, I'm up to 18.5% crit (23.5% Holy crit). My Surge of Light and Holy Concentration are getting triggered like crazy. Having insane mp5 would accomplish much the same thing. To compete with this crit build and decent crit, I would guess over 700 raid buffed mp5. I'm guessing around there because I'm still around 400 mp5 buffed, and, with the heavy healing Naxx requires, I easily pick up a free heal every 5 - 10 seconds. Obviously, it depends on the fight. A heavy AE fight and Surge of Light or Holy Concentration is up almost constantly; a fight like Patchwerk might benefit more from the traditional "load up on spell power and mp5", but the added healing from crits (and less damage taken by the tank when you do crit) negates most or all of that benefit.

In Shadow, I'm back to never being able to run out of mana. Crits with Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death trigger Spirit Tap, which bumps up mana regen and damage (due to the increase in spirit for that 8 seconds). Obviously, the added dps is also sweet.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Natook

I know I'm not around anymore but dont forget to look at the disc tree for raid healing. I was holy for most of my level to 80 and then I read up on some information about discipline. Sharlin has a great FAQ on the forums or at Discpriest.com. Disc has great damage mitigation and mana regen. I have about 16k mana unbuffed. I dont have enough crit to proc my shields or rapture. For tank healing it is great. I healed Kelt last night in Nexus which was our first time in a heroic. It actually worked great. Penance is a great spell that puts up Grace which is more dmg mitigation plus healing. Shields heal now and it gives you a spell haste as disc if you put points in Borrowed Time. It's deffinately more detailed healing as disc if anyone wants to try it out. Very fun and Penance is pretty Happy
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Jint

http://discpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4

hopefully that link works...if not, cut and paste works.... roflrun
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Jint

I think I agree with what Nat said in a pm...it would be hard to do in a raid with one priest, because you lose some AOE power. However, in a raid iwth more than one priest, there is much to gain.
When the holy priest could potentially run out of mana on a long fight, the disc. could keep the tank up while the Holy Priest mp5s. (Aka, MP5 mana regen=stop casting to regain mana faster...must stop casting over 5 seconds.)
I also miss the spirit buff...
Power Infusion...that's powerful
I've spoken in the past to hard core raiders about it, and there is a general consensus that in raid, it is good to have one of each priest when you can.
I am currently stacking MP5 over crit atm. I find for me that I am more effective that way...
This is a really great breakdown Nat, thanks for sharing!
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Laanyan

I've messed around with disc some, and haven't been impressed so far. The mitigation added is VERY nice, but with things such as the following in Holy, I doubt there's any more longevity in Disc over Holy. I certainly didn't in my testing.

Improved Healing (15% lower mana),
Serendipity (overhealing returns 25% of that mana)
Surge of Light (mana-free insta-cast flash heal or smite)
Holy Concentration (mana-free flash, binding, or greater heal)

I definitely see the benefit of one disc Priest in a 25-man raid.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Natook

You've got some good points in there about Holy but you miss the better points on Disc.

Any type of heal crits (Aegis-mana regen and dmg absorbtion)
Grace (stacks 3 times 3% dmg mit and 6% from heals)
Penance (instant heal that is a Gheal in disguise. stacks grace 3 times)
Rapture (mana regen on every heal or shield. big heals=big regen.)
Borrowed time (instant haste when you sheild someone. very fast greater heals or PoH)

As Disc I have outlasted other priests and druids using inervate without using a pot or fiend. I can not believe I stayed holy as I did. I find that Disc is a very fun way to heal.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Priest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: