View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Priest Macros

Angellesa

I was trolling through the forum, and realized we do not have a thread with priest macros. I know we tend to share useful macros in the healer channel, but I am getting tired of having to switch back and forth between Angel and Lyesa every time I need a macro. lol While these are listed specifically with priest spells, most can be adapted for almost any class. These are just ones I use, or have come across lately. Please add any you know or use that might be helpful to the rest of us. Happy

Note: There are almost countless variations for every macro. These are simply the ones I use, or how I would type it up if I used it.

[li]Stop casting - Pretty self explanatory. It stops your cast. Saves you from having to jump, move, etc.
    [br]
    /stopcasting
    [br]
    I rarely use it tho, usually only in conjunction with something else in a macro such as:
    [br]
    #showtooltip Flash Heal
    /stopcasting
    /cast Flash Heal
    [/li]

[br]
    [li]Shackle your target, and set it as your focus:
    [br]
    #showtooltip Shackle Undead
    /clearfocus [modifier:alt][target=focus,dead][target=focus,help][target=focus,noexists]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /cast [target=focus]Shackle Undead
    [/li]

[br]
    [li]Spammable Mind Flay - prevents you from interrupting Mind Flay when it's still casting
    [br]
    #showtooltip Mind Flay
    /cast [nochanneling:Mind Flay] Mind Flay
    [/li]

[br]
    [li]Damage spells - Sometimes you just want to cast a Smite or 2 to help kill something (or someone) off. I got tired of having to try and target something, so I made the following macro for all my dps spells. It casts the spell on your target (if hostile) or the target of your target (if your target is friendly). You can just simply change the spell name. I use the macro buttons on my hotkey bars instead of the normal spell one. I'll list a few examples:
    [br]
      [li]Holy Fire:
      [br]
      #showtooltip Holy Fire
      /cast [harm] Holy Fire; [target=targettarget, harm] Holy Fire
      [/li]

[br]
      [li]Smite:
      [br]
      #showtooltip Smite
      /cast [harm] Smite; [target=targettarget, harm] Smite
      [/li]

[br]
      [li]Shadow Word: Pain:
      [br]
      #showtooltip Shadow Word: Pain
      /cast [harm] Shadow Word: Pain(Rank 10) [target=targettarget, harm] Shadow Word: Pain(Rank 10)
      [/li]

[br]
      [li]Shadow Word: Death:
      [br]
      #showtooltip Shadow Word: Death(Rank 2)
      /cast [harm] Shadow Word: Death(Rank 2) [target=targettarget, harm] Shadow Word: Death(Rank 2)
      [/li]

[br]
      [li]Mind Flay:
      [br]
      #showtooltip Mind Flay
      /cast [harm] Mind Flay; [target=targettarget, harm] Mind Flay
      [/li]

[br]
      [li]Vampiric Embrace:
      [br]
      #showtooltip Vampiric Embrace
      /cast [harm] Vampiric Embrace: [target=targettarget, harm] Vampiric Embrace
      [/li]

[br]
      [li]This also works with your shadowfiend
      [br]
      #showtooltip Shadowfiend
      /cast [harm] Shadowfiend [target=targettarget, harm] Shadowfiend
      [/li]

Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Angellesa

These are just some general macros that might come in handy if you have more then one toon you play (which I think all of us have) lol

[li]Max camera distance - allows you to set your camera distance to the max
    [br]
    /script SetCVar ("cameraDistancemax" ,50)[/li]

[br]
    [li]Flying mount in Outlands, Land mount in Azeroth - selects your flying mount when in location where flying is available, and your ground mount where flying is not available. If you are mounted, the macro will dismount you. You will have to substitute your own mount names (as this is the macro for my mounts on Angel)

/cast [flyable] Swift Purple Gryphon
    /cast [noflyable] Reins of the Swift Frostsaber
    [/li]

[br]
    [li]Self bandage - If you tend to forget to detarget other players before using a bandage

/use [target=player] Heavy Netherweave Bandage
    [/li]

[br]
    [li]Target Mark - Assuming you are promoted or the leader of the party, mark your current target with a Skull. (Can be combined with other macros, such as every time you taunt marking the Taunted mob with a Skull as the DPS target).

/script SetRaidTarget("target",8)[/li]
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Jint

Thanks for taking the time to post this! For anyone new to macros, if you set something to your "focus", this means that you will cast your spell on the first thing you cast on, every time you hit the macro. You then can switch your target and heal/dps, and just hit the macro to (reshackle) without having to retarget...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Priest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: