View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Survival Hunters

Sevi

Survival is heavily gear dependent as Mareb has said. I've tried all the Specs, and I feel very comfortable as SS. I feel I live alot longer, hence the name ss, and while I can't pump out the dps like the other hunters (not yet ), and i'll say bm since more then 2/3 of the hunters in the guild are BM spec, I can cc like no other class. SS hunters, if played right have the ability to cc 5 mobs at once for 12 secs. Most of you ask if i have done this. The answer is yes, only once, and it's rather difficult, but can be done. Wyvern sting...omg I can't live without that. It's come in handy so many times and has helped from being wiped in an instance. If your trap is on cd, WS can save the healer on the dot because of the instant cast. They upped it from 6 secs to 12 secs, which again I love. Expose Weakness is also a must if you plan on raiding, or doing instancing a lot. Maxed out, it gives the raid ap = to 25% of your agility. 900 agi x 25% = 225 extra ap added. Think what this could do to people like draivin, who fully buffed, can have up to 4500 ap. With that extra 225...dps extraordinare. And for people who like to be annoying as all get out in pvp, ss is also a good choice. WS, Improved Wingclip, Entrapment... Ever since i started doing pvp, I've been targeted in the midst of 20 people and they come for me first, especially healers lol Include that Readiness spell which allows all cds removed, you have a double ws and trap to set.

To be successful at ss, one needs to have at least 700+ agi, something I just broke at an unbuffed 724, but to be really useful in raids, 900+ agi is ideal because of Expose Weakness. SS relies on Agi more then any other spec in the hunter tree, and should be your main focus. You rarely have to worry about ap (least I don't) since 1 agi= 1 ap. Currently at 1946 with just my AoH on. And, according to be.imba.hu, you don't need as high a hit rating either. I was at 124, and be.imba says i should lose 32 of those points. SS boosts your agi as well. If anyone would like to look at my tree it's at http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Sevi
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Sevi

They've taken out the raid wide buff of Expose Weakness and made it ss hunters only. I know I'm totally late in posting this, but better late then never lol

Also I'm curious, has anyone else ever tried the ss tree, or actually given it a chance in raids? If not I suggest reading a the posts in this thread. These guys break everything down for ss hunters, and give the do's, don'ts, what ifs, why's and the what fors. Anybody who wants to learn anything about ss hunters, highly recommend you read it. http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t38137-survival_hunter_wotlk/
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Sevi

not sure what to tell you Sad i use the firefox browser and it gets updated every now and then, so i don't have a prob seeing the page. maybe you could start from scratch on that post. go to the main page, hit forums at the top, go down to class mechanics, and in small words find the word hunter with a little page like juve has here near it. atm the post i'm referring to is the 4th one from the top. This is the current spec i use

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Sevi

and i'm able to hit 2k dps atm raid buffed. i know compared to other hunters it's not much (bm's in particular), but my spec allows me to help casters with my mana regen i give them. i know...hunter...giving mana regen? what's this game coming too? big grin The guild i'm in seems pretty happy with my spec atm. once i get better gear i'll tweek it a little more, and i probably could of put my extra point from improved hunter's mark into go for the throat, but atm it's ok Happy have any questions let me know...sorry i'm so late in replying lol
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Hunter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: