Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: MP5

Rildsomia

Ok, so I was gonna post this in the Shaman forums, but since it applies to all healers (and all casters to some degree) I thought out here would be a better place for it.

With the changes to MP5 as opposed to skill mana regen, I went through the roof! I guess true healing shaman had been using elemental gear for haste and crit (getting their lesser heal down to .11 seconds at haste cap) and using their totems and such for mana return. I think group buffed I was running at almost 500 mp5 while casting. Anyway for me I saw this as a HUGE boost, but I think Laan was saying that priest mp5 took a hit somewhat? Anyway just wondering what others have seen for changes and what they think about them.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Belgarion

Haven't healed or cast since the patch, but I do know that Bel was needing to watch mana usage Much more than usual both as tank and as ret.

Belgarion
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Laanyan

Well I don't really have straight MP5 gear. I have like 1 piece with MP5 on it, the rest is all haste/crit/spirit. I'm around 300 MP5 with my spirit buff on. Going to have to go through and start looking at MP5 gear now.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Belgarion

Ran Naxx25 on Fizz, actually seemed to have less of a mana concern, only one fight I was praying for a cooldown to complete. Then again, bosses were dropping so fast (Afflack over 4k was #7, Fizz over 4k was #11, top cat I think was over 6k) that that may a misleading feeling.

Belgarion
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Laanyan

For any healers that don't have it, there's a trinket that drops in normal 5-man Trial of the Champion called Tears of the Vanquished. Someone did some math and figures it's 50 MP5. That trinket solved all Laan's mana problems.

Tears of the Vanquished
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
+84 Intellect
Requires Level 80
Item Level 200
Equip: Each time you cast a helpful spell, you have a chance to gain 500 mana.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

That definitely sounds better than the Ebrace of the Spider Queen I have. I had the Spark of Life or whatever the +100 spirit (which I don't use) and reduced mana costs by 42... Well I think having 98 more SP and the haste proc would be better for me with the new mp5 changes as only when a rogue tanks do I seem to have mana issues.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: