Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Paladin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Healadin 101 Cata

Information is always available, but not always accessable or easily found. I'm linking from the ElitistJerks forum for a quick reference, as even their 101sheets are buried inside other posts and not immediately obvious.

Healadin 101 Cata style
http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110847-holy_cataclysm_holy_compendium/

Belgarion
Uelander
The Keeper

http://kurn.apotheosis-now.com/?p=1931

Some good comments on dealing with the 4.2 changes to mana costs.

Stuff Im working on:

I've become a bit overconfident as Til's gear has been a little ahead of our content and lazily become reliant on Flash of Light - even after I trained myself early on to avoid that expensive heal like the plague. I'll try to heal a ZH without casting it - prolly wont be able to because i routinely need to save ppl from standing in goo in those pugs.

Ive done a few of these w/o FoL now - and mana is much better. It takes a bit of planning ahead. Once you start healing with DL - you aren't going to land a non-instant on another target for 3-4 seconds. Keep HS'ing on cd and WoG is a necessary supplement to these slow casts.

Maybe I'll rebind my Divine Light to the Flash button - that'll fix my little red wagon. Shannox had me wondering where the manna was gonna come from by the time we did 10m damage to him and his ugly dogs. I MUST become accustomed to healing with Divine Light and Holy Shock when there is steady / heavy damage - they are much more efficient spells - i just hate that agonizingly long cast. Sprinkle in Holy Light as spot heals - using beacon to double its thru-put.

How to use Plea more effectively is an issue I need to improve on - i hate that i usually need to pop wings to overcome some of the healing nerf associated with it if i want the tank to live. I use it about once per encounter and need to get at it like i use innervate on the druid - at <80% mana and when off cd. Actually, I could use work on maximizing Guardian and Wrath also - I leave them on the shelf way too often.

I have NEVER used the Jar of Ancient Remedies. I guess I felt that the 6k mana wasn't worth giving up the stacks/ spirit for a few minutes -- but this guy thinks it should be used on CD. He has the heroic version -so maybe that is the difference - gotta do some research/ theory crafting on that one.

The math says use this on CD unless there is some spirit buff going on like Mana tide. There is a theoretical value for Int where you are better off not using it -(due to how int and spir interplay in regen) but I think that number is ridiculously high for current gear. I have this linked to DL in Healbot and reset it every 2 minutes.

I also need to understand the concept of using Light of Dawn with beacon as a tank heal during heavy damage situations. It seems WoG would heal more, but this concept appears popular with some pallys.

Lastly, I'm making a HoP/HoF macro to remove debuffs from the tank. The loss of aggro should be instantly returned - and Sig/ Yiffy SHOULD survive. We do something like this on Halfus - but were relying on the tank to drop the hand himself. I wonder how that works on Shannox's little gift?

Last edited by Uelander on 2011/07/14 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Uelander
The Keeper

One more thing -there is a bunch of discussion among high level holy paladins about moving towards a crit/mastery focused itemization as opposed to a spirit/haste priority when the pally is assigned to tank heals. It may be worth trying with the buffs to mastery.

May lead to more mana efficiency when we are spamming the tank. Haste burns mana, and crits/mastery improve efficiency in exchange for gimping radiance and your ability to react to others getting spike damage. If we get raid damage under control - maybe Ill go this route for Shannox.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Paladin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: