View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laanyan
Overseer

re: Mage 4.0.1

I didn't like the new Arcane at all last night... maybe Fire?

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#o0hZfchMkbRRsfo
Rildasomia
Protector

Fire is getting a DPS nerf they say (as of Thursday 10/14)

This is an EJ article on Arcane 4.01 :

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t106141-arcane_cataclysm_updated_4_01_a/

Interesting playstyle considerations - probably not enough mana regen tools to have optimal damage not dependent on the rng of MB procs (for mana efficiency). Essentially, never let your mana drop <85% or so unless you have Arcane power ticking and evocate off of cd.

I tried this out on the dummy for about 5 mins and was able to average 7-8k dps over a LOOOONG time with the burns pushing 10k. 50k blast crits are pretty cool (with mirrors up). I needed to swap a weapon to get hit up now that we lost those talents. 2-3 AB between each missle proc was about what i could sustain and not burn mana down. With raid buffs/return - i bet you could do 4 easy.

Ill be interested to see what fire/ frost can do.
Laanyan
Overseer

So is it me, or did the nerf bat miss Mages? Jarg did just about the same last night as he's been doing.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Haven't parsed out meters yet, but Wednesday and Thursday seemed pretty clear to me that anything ranged (even hunters) was still fine, and anything melee should reroll or magically become 85 or hire someone with a wand. Oddly enough, ran a couple ICC5h afterward, and melee in 5m was still about what it used to be, comparatively speaking, same toons actually doing higher dps in 5mh than they did in the 25m raid. Still don't really see anything in patch notes or forums that really seemed to explain why melee across the board took such a nosedive.

Ah well, I suspect that at this point all bets are off until we ding 85 and they can properly balance us all out again, heh.

Belgarion
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Mage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: