View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekard12379
Assassin

re: Enhancement Shaman Article/Info

I know Tetra was inquiring about some of his offspec stuff via email a couple days ago. There's a nice article on wow.com for enhancement gemming and rotation - basically expertise to cap (130-140) and haste haste haste and the rotation was FS-ES.

Here is the article.

Enjoy! cheers

Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Hmm, interesting article.

My initial thought prior to reading the article was to suggest talking to Signet or looking at her spec and meters for what she's casting. A couple months ago she wasn't happy with her dps and found something she could change in spec or rotation that upped her dps by over 25%. In our ICC25 two weeks ago she was a solid #3 dps over the first four bosses, obviously something worked.

My thought after reading the article is still kinda the same, particularly as to what her change was that increased dps so nicely, but now I want to talk to her regarding the haste. She has a bit over 400, I need to find some other geared enhancement type that I can view meters and armory on to see how much they've been able to stack, dunno if I have any good examples from pug meters. I can tell you that all through her gearing up, getting enough hit/expertise for the dualwield has always been a challenge.

Kind of interesting, I'm levelling Fist and had anticipated offspecing him as elemental, but enhancement is turning out to be a whole ton of fun, heh. Thanks for the post, this one and the ICCmeters post, that gave me some ideas to think about.

Belgarion
Ekard12379
Assassin

Well, here's an armory of one of the best geared toons on all servers according to toonrank (part of the guildox / lootrank site series). If you plug her into wow-heroes, she has 453 hit, 140expertise and 987 haste. Obviously, this lvl of gear is unrealistic for any of us at the exact second, but it does give an idea of what and how to an extent.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Haomarush&cn=Catastroph%C3%A9

EDIT: He's a she...err ...Nevermind. Going to stop right there. tongue

MTuralon
Assassin

if i remember correctly, LLeigh pugged with GoK a while back and his numbers were fairly crazy too. I don't think they had that much advantage over our regular members in terms of GS etc, but I do recall I was actually racing them for overall DPS/damage and I think they broke 10K on a few fights??

I too am leveling a shaman, and while I enjoyed Enhancement, I was going elemental just because its something different from Turalon...Maybe I'll have to swap back once I've gained a few levels, in looking at these shaman.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Good lord, and you can add another 220 haste onto that from the Relic.

Belgarion
MTuralon
Assassin

don't forget haste pot and hero and shamanistic rage?

I bet they're pushing 1200
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Just a couple of numbers from shammys we've pugged in on ICC25, and an elemental from a CH pug. Unfortunately, Fizz's Ascend pugs are in the data that WoWmeters lost a while back. I've got the textfiles somewhere to rebuild, not a big deal.

GoK 28Apr
Cameltoetem gs2968 346 hit 455 haste 74 exp 5361 ap
Marrowgar dps 6.5k damage 1.3m Saurfang dps 6.3k 1.7m

GoK 31Mar
Lleigh gs3194 552 hit 637 haste 142 exp 5454 ap
Marrowgar dps 6.6k damage 1.5m Saurfang dps 9.4k 2.6m

GoK 05May
Signet gs3022 259 hit 413 haste 134 exp 5088 ap
Marrowgar dps 8.5k damage 2.0m Saurfang dps 8.8k 2.1m

Cry Havoc pug 12Apr (elemental)
Darktide gs3194 259 hit 1093 haste 0 exp 3168 sp
Saurfang dps 8.9k 2.5m

Chose a moving fight and a stand-and-spank fight that I had datasets for all of them on. Nothing really conclusive, no haste shammys in there, though it is interesting to note that an equal geared elemental and enhancement shammy did almost exactly the same numbers on Saurfang.

Belgarion
MTuralon
Assassin

sadly we don't have Festergut Numbers for all of them, as Fester is ICC's Patchwerk. :-(
Rildasomia
Protector

Actually for melee, Saurfang is the new patchwerk. Especially for EH shammies as they don't really have a cleave to worry about accidentaly hitting a blood beast. Just stand and smack (as the article points out).

Anyway, that's a lot of haste. I have also noticed that as a healing shammy I need more haste (very slow casts on my heals) so working on that now. With the new trinket that procs 304 MP5 I have seen less mana issues (not that I really had trouble before, but now I can't get out of 90% and haven't even looked at the Mana Tide Totem) so am going to give a try at Haste stacking for Wednesday. New belt, and I think I might go with like 2-4 haste gems spread around gear.

For the enhancement side, I think I need to get to the hit cap first, which is what for a draenei with that 1% hit?? Then give that guide a try. Expertise to the limit then go straight haste.

OMG.. that's annoying, I had swapped that from Fester to Saurfang and it didn't save... Yeah I meant Saurfang, but was thinking of Festergut for some reason.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Shaman All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: