View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laanyan
Overseer

re: Patch 3.3

Quote:
Shadow:
Improved Devouring Plague: This spell now deals 10/20/30% of its total periodic effect instantly, up from 5/10/15%.

Mind Flay: The range of this ability has been increased to 30 yards, up from 20.

Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.

Vampiric Embrace: This talent now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff and only generates healing for single-target shadow damage spells.

WOOT! Our DPS is viable again. Dots and thereby mana consumption will go up a lot, but I still don't see mana as an issue.

The healing we do getting nerfed hurts a little. I certainly have benefited from healing myself fairly quickly... I never die from silly stuff like Decon's stompy thing etc.

Healing isn't receiving any nerfs or buffs.
Laanyan
Overseer

re: re: Patch 3.3

Oh and the patch notes here say only Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague, but I see elsewhere that it's Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague.
Loranus
Loranus
Assassin

Nah WoW.Com says that Shadow Word:Pain(at least not sure about the others) wont be affected by haste because blizzard says that would Overpower Shadow Priest DPS.
Laanyan
Overseer

re: really?

I bet that's why I put that I see conflicting reports on Shadow Word: Pain....
Chaoswarp
Protector

why do you guys get it built in while warlocks have to glyph for it?

Laanyan
Overseer

We're awesome sauce.
Laanyan
Overseer

Did a little more checking... our DPS is going to go through the roof. Laanyan should easily be pulling about 6k DPS.

Glyphs and spec should remain the same.

The math is in and 4 piece Tier 10 bonus possibly makes Mind Blast useless... Mind Flay will be more DPS.

Haste is going to be ridiculously more valued for Shadow spec.

If you PvP, you'll like that bump in the initial damage of Devouring Plague.
Laanyan
Overseer

Sooo I finally got my T10 set up to the 4 piece bonus... Mind Blast isn't useless, still slightly better dps (really close tho) and it's what triggers your mana return.

New stat weights are in too.

Stat Combat EP
SP 1.00
Hit 1.41
Haste 1.00
Crit 0.88
Spirit 0.58
Int 0.27

In theory that means that every gem should be a spell power or a spell power/haste gem. Laan's at 800 something now, and it's ver nice.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Priest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: