Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: I guess mebbe they should have sent more than a lone orc.

Nice job guys! cheers

Forum Image
Rildasomia
Protector

I'm not sure you have enough junk on your screen.

Rildasomia wrote:
I'm not sure you have enough junk on your screen.

All the stuff a growing raider needs, lol. Actually, there's not much there I'd consider raiding without, let alone trying to control a fight, heh. I thank science for widescreen format, /bow.

Belgarion
MTuralon
Assassin

that looks scary similar to my screen, except I don't bother pulling out the group raid frames.
Rildasomia
Protector

For Tetra there is Healbot and Decursive. Don't need Omen (can't drop aggro much anyway even if I did have high threat), only open DPS after fights if I feel nosey, can't think of why I would need bags open, no idea what that blue and oragen bar graph is, healbot covers what I care about in raid frames, and no idea what that is next to Omen. Maybe if I had Laan's 42" monitor I would have all that stuff active, but even still, that is just an insane amount of junk to care about!

Heck, Rild was just omen forever (not like he can do anything for anyone else decurse/healwise) so when I installed DoTimer I damn near had a seizure with all the info demanding my attention.

On a sideline here, anyone interested in trying a dungeon / old raid (naxx) without ANY addons? With a geared tank it should be easy as pie for everyone with only being a little harder on the healer, I mean how often does Uel get stripped of aggro by a DPS? In level combat however, I wonder how we would do?

A 42 inch monitor you say? Yea we definitely need corporate sponsors

MTuralon
Assassin

he's using his TV to play instead of your usual monitor.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Heh, half is personal, half is raid lead.

Bag open for pots and healthstones, orange/blue is raid cooldown timers for things like stones, brez, selfrez, hands, etc.

Healbot is necessary for both healing and tanking, and for raidlead it provides a really convenient way of tracking debuffs and stacks to remind tanks to switch, dps to run out for blob-cleanse, etc. Party bars necessary for similar reason, to tell folks to get out of the stuff on the floor, brez, innervate, et cetera.

Omen is always up no matter what spec, to keep watch on dps and prevent agro shift when they're pushing it or tank has threat debuff, and so on. Meters set to current fight so you can quickly look at dps or heals to revise strategy for another attempt or the next fight, or in pugs to determine who you should prioritize for brez, as well as to check who is still on the boss when they should be on adds, or to check their spells/attacks to see why their dps is good or bad.

Seems like a bunch, but every thingy has it's function and use, and as long as you keep your screen consistent, it's no more difficult or intrusive than glancing at your speedometer, heh.

Belgarion
Rildasomia
Protector

Rild has a speedometer:
Omen

Tetra has a Speedometer and a tachometer:
Healbot and Decursive

You are driving the entire pack at a NASCAR event.

Jump to: