View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: A Boomkin Doh Addon

Ok, so I had read up on all my rotations, did all my testing on the target dummies to get comfortable, and was disappointed with my rather dismal damage in the field. Where are all the Ecllipses, I cried, surely more than one a mob can be expected. bangs head

Silly me.

The rotation reading was a bit out of date, because while it talked about which ecllipse rotation to proc and the damage benefits of each vs mana consumption, it totally failed to mention anything about the Ecllipse cooldowns, telling you to build your rotation around your desired ecllipse. Since I had decided on which Ecllipse I wanted based on reading/damage, it was a total footshoot. tongue

The target practice was misleading because it always stacked either ecllipse on the upper right of my buffs area, and in the field, since I was unhappy with the DoTtimer addon's spam, I was using the visual buff queue for ecllipse rotations. Turns out that one ecllipse shows in the expected area, and the other ecllipse is buried in all the other buffs. Wow, abysmal failure, looked to be a pain in the butt to track in the field.

Got to be a better way. Google? Gee, imagine that. Curse.com has an addon called Ecllipse that gives you your boomy timers/cooldowns, and just your boomy stuffs. Very easy to use, very visual to track in the fight, and guess what, I'm now ecllipsing a crapton. Looking forward to seeing revised dps in a raid somewheres to check out the improvement. dance

I expose my pain for all young boomy's out there to laugh at and learn from.

Belgarion
Atrias/ Airiss
Protector

re: A Boomkin Doh Addon

try the addon squawk and awe. it is a DoT/ proc timer. it will show what DoTs you have up an whe eclipse procs will show which with how much time left including its CD

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Druid All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: