Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warrior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: DPS Spec / Rotation

Laanyan

Well in the hours I was reinstalling everything I decided to put them to good use and once and for all get my Warrior DPS spec and rotation ironed out. I was just way too fond of dual-wielding 2-handers that I refused to look at Arms (despite knowing it was at least equal if not better). Sadly it is and the fun that was Fury will have to get put in closet until the next patch. People (that know what they're talking about... meaning have the math to back it up) are reporting anywhere from 300 - 500 DPS increase with Arms over Fury.

The general spec I've found is as follows. Obviously pick whatever weapon you're using. http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=1&tal=0322302023330150202012213231251305020005000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

If you're expertise capped, swap those two points over to fury into improved execute.

Arms is in battle stance. The rotation is:
1. Keep Rend up 100% of the time (refresh immediately AFTER it runs out)
2. Watch for Sudden Death procs to give you an Execute
3. Watch for Overpower Procs
4. Keep Mortal Strike on Cooldown (Unless you use that GCD for Execute or Overpower.)
5. If Execute and Overpower aren't up, Mortal Strike is on CD and Rend is ticking, Bladestorm. If Bladestorm is on CD too, go ahead and throw a Slam in there to just not waste the GCD.
6. From 20% on, throw it all out the window and spam Execute.

Glyphs: Rending, Mortal Strike, and Execution.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Turalon

I posted some info on this as well in the all things warrior thread... were you able to test out that PTR build compared to your current one? Curious to see which is better, as I may one day level up my warrior. =P
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Laanyan

Ok, the last time I checked that link it was sending me to some borked spec... The PTR one in that other post is basically the one I have posted.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Turalon

yeah it's fairly close with a few tweaks to the fury tree I think.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Uelander

So I re-spec'd to this Arms tree and am having a little trouble getting back to the DPS I was doing with Fury v. the dummies. As I write this - I realize that I forgot to re-glyph (oops) and that is probably the difference. However,

Moving from Fury - I dumped a bunch of Hit for strength (AP) mostly - because I lost 19% chance to miss from dropping dual wield. Can you guys confirm that 263 is the hit cap - and anything beyond that is waisted? Also - i got Uel to 26 expertise - I believe this is enough to eliminate Parry - and if attacking from behind - he should never miss or be dodged/parried now.

At this point its all about stacking strength and crit chance right? Im thinking these stats need to be pretty balanced.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Laanyan

263 is the soft hit cap. More hit will help with rage generation. Btw, I have a huge problem with rage on the dummies, but not against mobs.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warrior All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: