Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: A Use for Soulstones

Rildasomia

other than propping doors open, 'graveling' a driveway, filling up drafty cracks in the eaves.

I know there are changes planned for SS and such in 3.1 but here are some ideas I think wouldn't be to bad:

I would like to see them make some more uses for the soul shards. Take them off as spell reagents for nukes and such. But I think they are great for HS and Rez Stones and the Fire Stones I use. I think it is good that to get more than the basic pet (imp) you need to use a SS. But why not a water stone? I can already cast Enduring Breath, why not make a charged gem for it? Remember in EQ, the conjurer with his pets? He could make the water rings that let you breath underwater. What about a poison stone? So before you head out daily questing, you hit up your local warlock for a poison/disease stone that will cure you if needed (maybe 5 charges?). That way a group would still be able to run if they had no druid/sham/pally to cure poison on Boss XYZ. No rent so you can't stock pile them, but think of how many potions out there you never use because a shadow resist potion for 1 fight cost 10 gold per person! And if you wipe, so long buff! So people never use them, they just grind through the fight and make life harder on the healers. What if on the trash mobs before the boss, Rild drains souls like there is no tomorrow and then hands out a Poison Resist Stone (10 min buff). Wipe, well good thing he has all those shards from that spider over there (just taunt it off me while I drain it into a billion shards and Jeat keeps you alive). So now you have some resistance to the poison so your not a leech on the mana pool of the healers, more like just a trickle.

I think there could be some cool things to make from a soul shard, maybe just a Spell Gem that priests could cast their STA buff INTO, think of the Armor Vellum now out there? Maybe this has already been suggested on the official forums, but not about to search through a billion flames on SS to find if anyone ever gave a suggestion worth reading.

Just my thoughts...
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Belgarion

Never thought about it all that much, other than the silly fact that you can't stack them.

On all the interesting variations, yup, all sound kinda neat, but there'd be 'balance' and 'can't make any gold' screams from all over the place. Maybe something like healthstones or biscuits that disappear on logging would be do-able.

One aspect I always thought could be intriguing comes from I believe Bethesda, in the Daggerfall days. You'd get bigger and better soulstones based on the critter they came from, which could be used for bigger and better enchants or repleneshments.

Belgarion
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Turalon

not a lock, but here's my 2 cents. Soul Stones seem to be useless IMO, if blizzard wants to make it a consumable for spells etc, why not make it vendor bought/100 stackable similar to the way reagents work for every other class. That would solve your issue with bag space etc.

They've managed to rework how Ammo bags work for Hunters, so why not rework how Shard bags work for Locks. Your thoughts on new buffs etc by using a shard is interesting, but I don't see how practical that will be. I'd rather see the siphon soul spell do more damage and maybe create a unique shard for the caster that acts as an extra HS or something for you. Maybe even used as the reagent for a new spell that would do a ton of DPS. like you siphon soul, create a shard and then you get a spell that consumes that shard for high nukage, or AE or something.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

I agree Bel, I always thought that the tougher the mob the better the SS should be. They kind of do have that mechanic in place with the fact I can only get SSs from mobs in my level range, so I can't power my spells with Dead Mines kills Sad Anything created would have to be No Rent (disappears when you log for 15 min) and they could put a block on the AH so they don't trick people. But it is a 'solid' spell already why not have a way for people to use it for questing.

Look at Healthstones. Your friendly neighborhood warlock hands them out to the raid/group at the get go. If you use it you get a new one after the fight. The old way of having 3 different sizes they didn't like so they made it so you can only carry 1. LAZY! You already implemented the 1 potion for fight, just put the same code on a HS! Now if they did that, then you could grab a stack of HS in Dalaran before daily questing, and then you don't need to hope there are potions on the AH (if your not a healer type).
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: