Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: The New Warlock

Rildasomia

So I just wanted to start a thread on what people have seen since the new patch and changes to our class. Yes it has only been a day, but we need to talk about it sometime.

Personally I switched back to Destro, the siren call of blasting stuff just got to strong for my DoT Rotting to overcome. I went with the beefed up Imp, Conflag, and Chaos bolt. I ran Old Strath last night to get a feel for it and other than needing to find a better key binding sequence (1, 4, 5, 2, 3, 3, 3, 7, 2, 4, 1, 3... etc) to make it flow more smoothly I kind of liked it. Now for any other destro lock (Chaos you are Destro right? where Briss is Demon?) do you use Chaos Bolt? At lvl 80 Rank 4 it cost 280 mana for a base damage around 1400 (tooltip damage not casted damage) so to me that makes for a serious nuke. The cast time was pretty fair too (I am about 10% hasted atm), 12 sec cooldown. So basically I was leading with CB, then Immolate and CoA, Conflag and Incinerate x3, Corrupt in for filler to let Con CD clear (sometimes life tap if needed), then Conflag, Immolate, CB Incinerate. Rinse and repeat for the fight as needed. Now there was some debate on if CB was worth it now that it doesn't (never did actually) blast through stuff, I saw it as a nice CHEAP 'n fast heavy nuke. I also had a decent up time of Molten and the Conflag did always proc Backdraft as far as I could see. Also the F&B still seemed to work the same.

Just a few fisrt impressions since the new patch.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Chaoswarp

hey Rild yea I am destro i use chaos bolt and shadowfury too(sf makes for a nice instant aoe with stuns) also chaos bolt works wonderfully in that it cant be resisted and will pass through abosorbtion affects(mage armor, power word shield, cloak of shadow) i personally use coa corruption immolate conflagrate incinerate x3 we have to watch the haste since the gcd apparently has a limit
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

Not to sure about all that with Chaos Bolt, it was supposed to do all those things, but from my readings I am not sure those made it to live. I think that it is basically a hard hitting cheap nuke right now...
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Brissanna

I was 51 demon for along time....doing okay DPS....i just like the pet....the farming is easier and really enjoyed the pet class.....I have since changed my spec up some...I now roll a 0/41/30 spec....which they call the Hybrid spec....I like it....still about to keep my Felguard...and still about to pull off huge DPS...somewhere between 2200-2400 steady DPS. Only thing i really changed in my rotation was Shadowbolt.....I dont chain cast it anymore....only use it to fill in when my CDs are not rdy.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

Read about the 0/41/30 spec, sounds like good DPS, and still good for farming/questing. I know that as destro until you can blast them to pieces at range having the imp out means I am taking a beating quickly. So still having Big N Spikey to annoy the mob for a bit would be nice.

Question are there any other warlocks that still stop by here? I know us 3 are frequent posters but when was the last time we saw Sbix, Kiki, Arv, VV (in the lock forums), Dark is gone gone, Bigwave?Huh? Let them know to stop by and check things out.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Arvestes

Heyas, Been busy a lot and got kinda bored with all the lvling again. Now that I'm almost at 80 gonna try to be more involved roflrun

I'm still mainly Affliction, tho might try that demo/dest spec after I ran with a lower lvl lock in VH and he out dpsed me thru it. Prob with mainly affliction is I need the long fights to pump out the dps, other wise it's just sb and coa/corruption. Which is ok, but dunno if it'll cut it end game.

Gotta gear up and see. I still don't wanna go full dest again, as before my incinerates were doing marginally more dmg than my shadowbolts, hence why I switched more towards an Afflic build. But then I wasn't really geared much at that time and think there was an issue with gear not aiding dest specs.

Anyways, will be trying to gauge which build to use, tho I'm still leaning towards my hybridish specs hehe. Love having 36 yards on most my spells.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: