Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Warlock Specs post 3.0.2

Chaoswarp

Ok i thought in order to give all the locks and locks to be a good idea of what works for raid situations maybe a few locks could post there specs and any pros and cons here to give us an idea of what we can do endgame wise ill start.........
Spec:Destruction 0/10/51
Pros: Lots of haste and good burst damage and frequent enough crits with gear
Cons: reliant on imps near non-existant ability to live while doing damage as his crits give you more ability to crit as well as help add on to your damage done; also very reliant on critical strike rating
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Chaoswarp

oops heres the spec
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcLcZVcGVr0uVoAccx[url][/url]
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

I tried the destruction build similar to that (already changed so not 100% of exact match but close enough http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlock/talents2.html?tal=000000000000000000000000000020502300035010000000000000055203015220221000235000000 ) and was completely unhappy with it. Overall damage is down, having the pet out is bothersome as he is generally toast on the first AE and the cast rotation for max effect is unfun to say the least. Hoping a mob stays alive long enough to get immolate on them blast away with incinerate and then time conflagerate and back to incinerate (plus dots here and there), it is just to cumbersome for a raid. I also noticed that Chaos Bolt was a complete waste of a point. It hits for an average of 2.2k, prepatch that was a weak shadowbolt for me, I never once saw it crit and I don' think it even does the main part of going through immunities anymore (not 100% on that I don't pvp but that was it's main use anyway, to blast a bubbled paladin). All n all I think they totally screwed the destruction tree for a lvl 70 player, I am not going to rule it out at 80 because I haven't reached 80 yet (obviously), but the prospects don't look good for us in a raid spec presently. They are going to be doing the damage increase, but I fear it may be to little.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

Ok, here is what I have found to be a raiding Affliction spec:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlock/talents.html?tal=235012200020351025050030135120500300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Theoretically this could be our most powerful AE spec (get 2 chances to pump up our seed of corruption crit and damage), however in practice it is fairly weak in a 10 man run. SoC is so slow that mages will arcane blast things to pieces before you finish casting. On a boss that will live more than 2 minutes (think Kara dragons, or ZA) few are going to beat you in single mob DPS. You have 6 (SIX!!) DoTs rotting the guy down and then you also drain life until you get a 'nightfall type' proc and get the free shadowbolt to blast him with (have yet to see one though...). In Nightbane's blue beam I pulled aggro from the sheer amount of damage. On things like prince and weaker bosses you basically might get 1.5 rounds of dots in before the guy is toast.
Rotation:
Load the 6 dots (alternate between a curse and a disease so you curse GCD doesn't slow you down)
Life Tap to full
Drain Life

If dots run out and the boss is weak, SB it down, or just keep DL up as it refreshes Corruption.

Draw back is it takes a lot of time to get the damage running, your burst damage is a joke. This spec would be good if your with an overgeared tank and undergeared DPS, as you will have the time to destroy anything while remaining at full health. On a Kara run with any of our top 5 guild tanks and moderate DPSers your gonna be spamming SoC or Hellfire until the boss. If you thought SB spamms were boring, now you only need to click on Hellfire and turn it off when everything is dead. The AE side is very slow, which is unfortunate as rumor has it Lich will be a lot of AE fights. Again the damage increase coming our way may fix this.

The felhunter would be the pet of choice in this build, however you DON'T want Arcane Brilliance with him out. The pet buff stacks with Spirit buff, but will NOT stack with Int (as of this 10/26/08 ). Even with our pets getting an increase all around supposedly, any AE (dying blast from a mob) drops him like a stone. Which doesn't make sense as he supposedly had some resists right? So he is a bit of a shard hog. How his damage parses out I don't know yet, haven't gotten a DPS mod running on my comp, but I don't think it is much even with new ability. 2 DoTs (Agony and Corruption) generally strip aggro and we know how little initial aggro those are, so he is basically a REALLY expensive buff that is easy to dispell (ie. kill).

I have not had the chance to test out the demon build, but I suspect it will be a good leveling build, but we shall see.

Rild
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Chaoswarp

i find that affliction leaves a few holes in dps raid wise like on any target immune to health drain (tk comes to mind right off the bat but there are likely a few others and even more in wrath) destro may have lost some immediate dps but it can have roughly perpetual haste that stacks with heroism and can pump out crits at a faster rate
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Brissanna

Im demon spec...have been for sometime now. I seem to do okay Dmg/Dps just really depends how long the targets stay alive. AoE(SOC) hit ok. In a 25man raid i can stay in the top 5 most of the time. I sac succy almost all the time for the added 10% shadow dmg.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Warlock All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: