View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: New 3.1 Shaman Changes

Xiana

*pant pant drool*

"We are planning a lot of exciting content for patch 3.1.0, and we are doing a three-part preview series on upcoming class changes. This is the first in the series: Priests, Rogues, and Shaman. Please keep in mind, that this list is not at all comprehensive, and subject to change."

Shaman

* Chain Lightning � now jumps to 4 targets but does less damage. We wanted to make the distinction between Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning more clear.
* Storm, Earth and Fire � this talent now increases all damage done by Flame Shock, not just periodic damage.
* Spirit Weapons � now reduces all threat, not just melee threat.
* Unleashed Rage � reduced to 2 ranks, now also increases your critical strike chance with melee attacks by 1/2%.
* Totem streamlining: The Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems have been combined. The Disease Cleansing and Poison Cleansing Totems have been combined.
* We are also working on giving Enhancement and Elemental more PvP utility.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

[quote author=Xiana link=topic=522.msg2840#msg2840 date=1233849443]
* Totem streamlining: The Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems have been combined. The Disease Cleansing and Poison Cleansing Totems have been combined.
[/quote]

Me likey long time!!!
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Angellesa

[quote author=Rild link=topic=522.msg2841#msg2841 date=1233850640]
[quote author=Xiana link=topic=522.msg2840#msg2840 date=1233849443]
[/quote]

Me likey long time!!!
[/quote]

That's the only one I care about. lol
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Raashna

Elemental Weapons reducing Threat is nice too. We lost our talent threat reduction after the release of the level 80 talent trees, and personnaly I have noticed it huge (well Ele Resto and Enh still has a threat reduction talent if I remember).

Totem Streamlining is good, BUT they do have to watch it or as was mentioned in the forum:

Heal/Mana merge - Water
Poson Disease - Water

Windfury/Wrath of Air - Air

SoE/Agi - Earth (Already Merged)

Totem of Wrath - to all - Fire

Hmmmmm:
Shaman 1 - Heal/Mana - WF/WoA - SoE - ToWrath
Shaman 2 - Cleansing - Crap all else is covered
Shaman 3+ - Not uncommon 25 man raid - Bored to tears

Nice that in a 10 man the only choice for a single shaman would be Resto or cleanse Totem, but if you have 2 or more shamans then someone is gonna be bored

What talent as well will replace Totem of Wrath (Fire) for the Elemental Shaman, currently it is pretty much our raison d'etre in groups and raids (+3% Crit for all is nice), granted it gives a useful Fire totem to the resto Shaman, Enh should be dropping either single or AoE fire damage totems anyways IMO.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Angellesa

I'm excited for Enhance/Ele shamans. I think there are some changes on the way for you guys that are long overdue. However, like I said, only one that really concerns me personally is the totem merging.

I don't spec for reduced threat. Haven't in months. Our tanks are awesome, and me pulling threat has never been an issue even as the crit healing spec. However, reducing threat is a different story (and a good thing) when it comes to dps classes.

As for being the third shaman in raids? That's boring now. I really don't think merging the totems is going to affect that much (ie: it's boring now and will be boring then as well). Well, with the exception that one shaman could handle all totems instead of it taking 2 to cover all the bases. lol Depends on if they change it (or fixed it in a recent patch, haven't tested it lately) but mana totems stack within a party. So if it has not/will not be fixed, double mana totems can sometimes be a nice thing.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

I don't know, I think what they are trying for is that the first shaman gets all the main stuff out there, WHAM! Ok, now the next shaman gets the cleaning and some fun ones, and a 3rd shaman could get the totems we never see anymore.
Earth
Shaman 1 - SoE
Shaman 2 - Tremor
Shaman 3 - Stoneskin (why not?)

Fire
Shaman 1 - Wrath
Shaman 2 - Frost Resist
Shaman 3 - Nova/Magma/Searing

Water
Shaman 1 - Heal/Mana
Shaman 2 - Cleaning
Shaman 3 - Fire resist (did this already get merged with cold?)

But you see where I am going with this. Anyway; sure all the totems we haven't used since early leveling will be a minor bump to the raid, but some fights are a game of inches. Also what happens when you get 1 shotted Raash? This way, Lyesa and Sig can fill out all the major totem spots.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Shaman All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: