Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Death Knight
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: DK DPS

Laanyan

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMqh0IsbRfosxG0x0hZfM

PS = Plague Strike
IT = Icy Touch
HS = Heart Strike
OB = Obliterate
DC = Death Coil
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

What glyphs?
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Turalon

Major

Obliterate

Icy Touch

Plague Strike

Minor

Pestilence

Horn of Winter

Blood Tap
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

oh and the 'alternate' DPS AE spec is this

50/0/21

with the following rotation:

PS -> IT -> HS -> HS -> OB -> DC
PS -> IT -> HS -> HS -> HS -> HS -> DC
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Loranus

I love the simplicity of the first spec and the idea behind it. My only issues with it is Mark of Blood and Vampiric Blood which as abilities are great but I dont see much use in PVE environment. People can disagree with me and thats fine but I think that if you take the points from Vampiric Blood and improved Death Strike and throw them into Blood Worms and take the one In mark of blood and throw it into Morbidity or Ravenous Dead you would see an improvement in DPS.

OB -> HS -> HS -> HS -> HS -> DC

If this is the rotation also I would change your Glyphs around slightly but I would have to test it before hand because your only throwing a death coil once out that your building up too much Runic Power and not dumping enough of it it seems. This may be why they have runic Power Mastery and your just supposed to dump it all. But math wise your generating with this rotation 10+20+10+10+15= 75 Runic power and probably more before finishing the first part of the rotation and 85 during the second part nvm the passive runic gain from Butchery. I could be wrong though if your supposed to throw just one. looking at Maxdps.com the rotation includes a second DC on the second part.

OB -> HS -> HS -> HS -> HS -> DC->DC

Math wise that is still too much Runic Generation for the rotation even though you will have the extra space it might not be worth dropping your heavier hitting physical attacks for it which have higher Crit and since most cases you will be ignoring armor those attacks will do more than the extra DC you will be throwing at them because of the glyph.

For those who could I want to see the site posting this spec up just to see the justifications for it and see how I could be wrong.

Warning: As I post this spec and glyph set it is Untested and completely Theoretical one of these days I will actually go try it out but until then use at your own risk.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMqh0IcfRc0sxG0x0hZfMo:qaLVMm

PS -> IT -> HS -> HS -> HS -> HS -> DC-> DC

You should see an increase in damage because of bloodworms as a solid small increase that will scale with better gear. Morbidity and the Glyph of Dark death give a 20.75% increase in damage of Death Coil which I feel is worth the loss of a total of 20 runic power in this rotation. 65+75= 130 so your basically filling up the bar without the glyph of Icy touch using this rotation anyways and will have an increase in damage output in general.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

the rotation doesn't include your gargoyle or your dancing rune blade(depending on which one you are looking at)... those are your Runic Power dumps.

This is taken from the very first page of Elitist Jerks. However I was also able to find very very similar specs and rotations on a few of the forums I read as well. Simply type into Google "DK Max DPS Build" or even "DK 50/0/21" etc and you will find a lot of sites that explain why they are they highest DPS.

That second DC depends on your haste.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

But Turalon, Laan even showed in his build that you don't have Dancing Rune Weapon and so does yours. Your only ability that uses Runic Power is Death Coil in Laan's and in yours you have Unholy blight and Death Coil.

The spec Im thinking your thinking of is a 51/0/20

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVh0Icfkf0stZfMbhxc

Which is one of the ones Elitist Jerks Suggest I agree with it alot in this case you lose crit for a more concentrated source of damage output. You increase what DC does you gain an extra 3% of strength and your Auto Attacks generally deal more damage. But you make up for that with the DS having a higher damage and crit than your Obliterate in possibly a lot of cases cause your gonna be increasing the damage of DS a lot more than The glyph of Obliterate does because DS is going to have increased damage and your not specced for it to not consume diseases.

Physical Strike wise with Elitist Jerks this is how the strikes add up percentage wise with glyphs and talents ability wise.

DS = 298->388->484.85

OB = 548->685->856.25

This would be the base if you had a weapon with a base 100 Damage after all weapon percentage increases and stuff for math sakes. This is before any procs and stuff also talent wise and trinket wise but with Glyphs at max setting. You can see a 1.76/1 ratio in damage for OB but DS gets an increase when it crits.

484.85->969.7->1406.07

856.25->1712.5

It now becomes a 1.217 ratio a big change considering but to make OB useful in such a sense you need to spec into frost and get Annihilation which loses you an increase in 3% strength a ghoul doing 60% more damage and an increase in DC damage by 26.5% and an increase to your white Attacks by a constant 20% and an additional 50% damage because of BCB.

P.S. Mistake I had made and realize it now is DC is a shadow based attack and gets 10% extra on Laan's spec but increasing it even more is still a great idea. The increase in the DC with glyph in the spec I made would be a 32.85% increase which is more than Elitist jerks but I think they are hitting for more often crits on the DS and the extra AP and the ghoul being summoned. Though you get an overall increase of Melee crit by 3% and do increase IT damage by 30%.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

yeah that's en error in one of those points, for some reason it didn't come through. Your supposed to pick up DRW and that is your runic power dump.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

On that note DRW is a very fine tuned mechanic and just like Summon Gargoyle is like a trinket you want to pop it at just the right time.

Basic Guidlines is when any ability procs you have pop up (Abominations might, Hysteria, heroism) pop your Trinkets. then use it because it will then make a Photocopy of your stats then and use it until it dissapears big grin. This way you maximize the DPS you get out of both of these abilities.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Corrected 51/13/7

This is the one I'm using on my DK.. I took 2/3 bloodworms instead of improved blood presence, as if you are in a raid, you should not be in anything but Blood Presence.

the point in Vampiric Blood is moved to DRW, since as DPS you shouldn't be getting hit and/or suddenly need more health, and DRW is your Runic Power dump.

Also, I believe this is the rotation you would use on trash AE... with the rotation listed above being your single target boss rotation, and your Big Trash guy kill rotations.

Plague Strike > Icy Touch > Heart Strike > Heart Strike > Pestilence > Death and Decay > Blood Boil > Blood Boil
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

*necroing Thread*

Patch 3.2 It looks like People are dropping out of the Unholy tree and jumping back into Blood for DPS. Me being the Foolish Fool I am tried a Dual Wield DPS Frost Spec and truth be told I am not having much luck figuring it out. It seems like a Majority of the damage I am pumping out isn't special Ability but more White-Melee attacks. I can't help but try and compare this to a rogue or Enhancement Shaman and see their input on the matter.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Laanyan

Weird, I replied to this last night, but it didn't post for some reason....

Anywho, if you're seeing a lot of DPS from white damage, you'll want to up hit to something like 450. Seems to be the number dual-wielding DPS shoot for; it gets you enough hit, but not so much that you sacrifice other stats.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

Ya after talking to Afflack he said the same thing that we would be outputting a lot of White Damage so A good thought process might be to increase the swing speed of the weapons over the direct damage for longer fights. I find myself going back to 2-hander Blood Spec anyways its much simpler to use and deals out some pretty nifty damage.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Death Knight All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: