Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Death Knight
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: How do you think DK's should PvP?

Loranus

This is a general open discussion for me based on the Concept of PVP and throwing around tips and Discussion on how you PVP with your DK.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rildasomia

Well like all PvP specs it should be all about burst damage. Yeah you will have tons of HP and AC from your gear so any survival talent that doesn't have stun resist/remove/reduce should be passed over for speed kill'n! Get to the the caster as fast as you can and throw the smack down. I think they have pretty much swung as far to the 'left' into melee OP as they are going to go, so look for things to get tougher for you in the future. At least I can hope that is how they feel, as watch clothie after clothie get mowed down by the same rogue over and over. I mean shouldn't they have a CD on stuns more than the duration of the stun?Huh?

My advice is to wrack up as many honor points now while you are OP and get the gear. That way if the field gets leveled you will still be able to hang with the big dogs.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Loranus

BAH DKs are actually really level on the playing field at the moment. But ya I've tried 2 pvp specs right now an unholy/blood and a frost/blood spec. The Unholy/blood spec had a lot of buff talents to the point I was boosting my Strength and Stamina by 6% then my strength another 3% on top of that. I also had my pet which got me out of some binds with rogues as well as stun reduction and the anti-magic zone which is a nice magic protection for the group except against warlocks (Yes Warlocks have skills to beat us DKs). I also took up 3 points in toughness which reduces movement impairing effect and increases armor for more AP from bladed armor buff.

Frost Is just crit city for me and seems to have a lot more burst damage to it than my Unholy spec. Where I lose the ghoul and Anti-magic Zone I gain Hungering Cold and Howling Blast. Hungering cold is a very nice ability in a lot of Aspects of crowd control where it also leaves some damage on the player while in affect I ussually follow it up with a Deathchill Howling Blast Combo for an instant crit right before you escape letting me get some more time on my cool downs. I also picked up Unbreakable armor which I think helps prevents stuns but I can't confirm it yet. But with a 25% increase in strength and the basis of Power Word Shield its very nice to keep me alive longer as well.

In Both Specs I built into blood with the same basic Idea get the improved rune tap ability. With the unholy one I built further and got mark of blood as well as veteran of the third war. The frost one I picked up the extra crit for my frost strike ability.

I am going to look at building a blood spec soon but the basic concept is gonna be a lot of health generating and abilities like heart Strike and the Dancing Rune Blade coming to hit with some heavy attacks.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Chaoswarp

dks arent as op as those ret palys, arms warriors, any rogue, feral druid,mr.bigglesworth, or the training dummies for warlocks now. As a destlock i can peirce right through that green dk bubble of casting hate with chaos bolt and hit em right where it hurts the most in the op feeling. Now if only theyd un nerf us enough to help me take down that dang cat...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> Death Knight All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: