Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: New LFG with 3.3

Turalon

Incgamers

sooo this looks liks it should be interesting....I'm not sure I like the way this is going.

It looks to me like you get achievements for running dungeons with pugs (ok.) However the new random dungeon thing which grants emblems of frost... and the new feature to go into LFG that auto picks groups for you based on what you "say" you can do and just picks 5 people and ports em to an instance seems kinda sucky to me.

My time is valuable to me. I would much rather spend an extra 5 min searching through people's heroes/armory details to fill out that group for Heroic X... the time spent weeding out terribly geared/specced people that just hit 80 and say, yes I'm geared for this dungeon in quest blues and greens, is worth more to me than the 25-30 extra minutes dragging 1 or 2 or even 3 terribly geared people through the zone.

This new tool has promise, but some of these changes just noooooo. I had hoped you'd still have the option to pick your teams...you are still grouping with random people, just less bad random people.

I understand if you willingly choose to run someone through instances for gear, but coming from someone that uses LFG on a daily basis, having the ability to pick and choose your members to pad your numbers for speed taken away from you seems like the OPPOSITE of what I'd want to do in LFG??? I join it to run as many dungeons as I can in as little time as possible, not to join 4 completely random people that could turn what should be a 30 min dungeon into a 75 min ordeal...
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Rild

Can't get that link to load, but looking around at what I can find, I have to agree. Who knows what kind of geartards you might end up with?
Not trying to be a jerk, but there are a lot of Ringlerums and I don't want to group with anyone. This seems to make it actually harder for decent players to get groups. Say 3 guildys of sufficient gear want to go hunting (all 3 dps). I assume there will be a 'Join as a Group' like PvP runs. Well are you going to put yourselves on the roulette wheel of pugs (reminds me of the carousel from Logan's Run) or wait till Uel and Midaz are free to go? So like Turd said, instead of being able to shop through the available healers, you get shafted with the first one to click accept?

No thanks, I'll wait till someone I know is available. This will just force people back into trade channel.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Turalon

OOOH I hope this is true, I just found this on a forum where people are speculating about the new LFG, apparently someone got a response.

5:32pm EDT: Q: May I create a group with 4 friends and then use the LFG interface to gain the random dungeon reward?

A: Yes. In fact, you can join it with a full group of 5 and still get the random dungeon reward. The reward is for doing a random dungeon, not necessarily for having random members.

Soooo might not be as bad as I feared, you just won't get points towards your group with random people achievments, but you can still have a premade group go into the LFG system and run the "random" Lichking Heroic. I HOPE SO.

And to link the text of the link for those that can't clickie it.

The World of Warcraft Team has enabled the Looking For Group (LFG) Tool on the PTR 3.3 build 10623. Many fans will feel shocked to the huge and drastic changes made to the UI and its function. In live realms, you choose whether you join LFG as a tank, dps or healer. Then you choose from a drop down menu if you will join a normal, heroic or raid group. Then you select which dungeon to queue in -- sometimes you have a very limited amount of dungeons depending the level you are. On the Looking for More tab, you usually are able to see other players queued and you can invite individual players from that list.

Well, keep your jaw tight. Say bye to the LFM tab. You no longer see other people in the queue, nor can whisper or invite them.

NEW LFG TOOL

The changes are drastic, some of those functions such as LFM tab will be very missed, but apart from the setbacks, the benefits of this new system might be a payoff.

Were you annoyed by having to go through the drop down system, and to not have access to Burning Crusade and Classic WoW dungeons because you are level 80?

Now you will be glad to hear that the dropdown menus have been replaced by a hierarchy tree that you can collapse or open. Each hierarchy tree shows:

* all the normal dungeons under Wrath of the Lich King
* all the heroic dungeons under Wrath of the Lich King
* all the normal dungeons under Burning Crusade
* all the heroic dungeons under Burning Crusade
* all the normal dungeons under WoW Classic

Basically you can queue on all those dungeons at once. You will be matched with other players who also check marked any of those dungeons. So far all are enabled by default. We really hope they are disabled by default so that you only queue where you wish to queue in.

When the LFG Tool has found five candidates to create a 5-players group, all five players will get a popup message giving you the option to join or to cancel. When you click accept, you will see onscreen a window with five icons (representing tank, dps, healers) and view a ready check on each icon. Once all have successfully agreed to be ready ... drumroll ... you are automatically teleported into the dungeon itself. Goodbye, Meeting Stones !!! No more clicking individual players to summon.

Basically this system shortens the amount of time to search for a group, the amount of time to wait until two people reach the meeting stone -- yea, have you been in that situation where everyone is in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom, and only one is in Northrend? How many times have you had to waste 10 minutes for just one person to reach the meeting stone to help you summon players? No worries. The system searches players for you, and it teleports you straight inside the dungeon.

What about when you are in a group, and zone in, then realize the leader forgot to set the dungeon to heroic? Everyone goes ... /facepalm. Zone out, wait for the leader to change difficulty to heroic, then zone in. How often does that happen? Could that be one of the reasons there are many instance full messages? Well, this new LFG tool helps to avoid this type of mistakes, and makes sure there aren't instance limit exceeded issues.

Another issue about LFG is that not everyone always uses it, or there aren't enough people for your Occulus Achievements. Blizzard is addressing this problem by giving raiders the opportunity to earn gold and tokens for using the LFG Tool, in addition to the solo daily quests and raid daily quests. Many have used this popular raid daily quests as a means to acquire Emblems of Heroism, Emblems of Triumph and other tokens. By voluntarily joining a random Wrath of the Lich King LFG, you can get 49 gold and two emblems of Triumph. For a random Wrath of the Lich King heroic LFG, you will acquire 68 gold and two Emblems of Frost. Rewards for joining random Burning Crusade or Classic WoW dungeons haven't been enabled or specified.

Do you have questions or concerns about the new LFG Tool? Feel free to post your comments below or at our following forum thread. We are gathering questions for the developers through the US Community Manager: Nethaera.

I am among the fans who feels upset about not been able to see people on queue under the LFM tab, but I have to agree this was a very nice and well-thought out design that deserves to be tested thoroughly before complaining about it. It's worth it.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Turalon

New information.

MMO-Champion Answers

So this link for those of you that cannot click it says you get 2 frost emblems for your first daily random heroic run upon completion. It then states if you use random heroic LFG feature again, each time you complete the random dungeon you get 2 more triumph badges.. EVERY time. So not only will you be able to get triumph from all dungeon bosses you get 2 more for randoms.

You can premake your random as well so you can either pug people in (you get more gold) or you can premake and get less gold but still get the badges. Additionally if you keep selecting the random option there is a chance you can run the same heroic more than once per day..... Yes you can choose to run say.. VH on your own with your group then after you win you may get VH again as your random dungeon.

Will suck if you get OCC like 5 times in a row, but pretty much any other dungeon is cake.

I see no reason why you'd even not just do select random all day long for free frost badges each day as well as the ability to farm the heck out of triumph. Pretty much anyone that's on and runs heroics should have every piece of triumph gear within 1 week if they do this lol.

Any body else feel sick the Wednesday after the patch? I think I might be feverish that day, and see no reason why I can't run heroic randoms ALL DAY LONG to get full T9 for both specs on day 1.
Belgarion.
Guild Leader

re: Chaoswarp

if there is any justice in the world this patch will land the week of thanksgiving >.>
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of Knowledge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: